We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Finishing this round

Ellie's sodium rose to proper levels today so the doctors were able to readminister the chemo drug that had been stopped. Tomorrow will tell how Ellie will respond to it. After the completion of the chemo round, Ellie will be administered a daily shot that will help stimulate white blood cell growth. The MIBG test is still scheduled for tomorrow.

Ellie had a pretty good day today. Her job right now is to concentrate on eating, drinking, and resting. Hopefully this round of chemo will be over soon and she will have some time of feeling better.

Ethan got to spend time with Sarah today. They got to play together at the Ronald McDonald house playroom and have a meal together. That meant a lot to both Ethan and Sarah.

Please pray:

1.) That Ellie will tolerate the chemo drug.

2.) That the MIBG test will provide helpful information.

3.) That all family members, especially Ethan, will be comforted and will adjust to life being different.

5 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger ~T said...

Praying here in Texas. Tricia and I are lifelong friends and I read her blog along with Jessica's and now this one, daily.

Blessings~
Terri

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Sarah-
"I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." Isa.49:16

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psa. 46:10

"Because God is at my right hand I will not be shaken." Psa.16:8

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"The Lord is good; a refuge in times of trouble; He cares for those who trust in Him." Nahum 1:7

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be diwsmayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and hyelp you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isa.41:10

Ellie's name is on my refrig. I will pray for her and for you. My heart hurts for you all. Cling to the only solid rock that there is: GOD.

An email friend,

Beth DeLaat (Carol Mahan's friend)

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all the updates. It really helps us to pray specifically!

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, Sarah & family--
We're praying for you all. May you find His strength more than sufficient.
Love & Prayers,
Stan & Frieda

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying daily for all of you. Please know we are here when and if you need ANYTHING!!
I'm so glad we're able to see what specific prayers you need each day. I've asked our China travel group and my BSF ladies group to pray without ceasing.
Much Love,
Debbie (Roger & Kaeli too)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home