We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thanks!

Just wanted to thank you all for the sweet comments. We can feel your love and prayers - and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

John went on a long bike ride early this morning with a couple of dads here at the house, so this afternoon while he rested, Ellie, Ethan and I were able to go to a show. Sometimes the RMD House gets tickets to special events and today a huge bus took a bunch of us to a bubble show. It was incredible. A man who has spent over 20 years studying and working with BUBBLES put on a beautiful show. Just watching the amazing things he could do with bubbles was mind-boggling. I was in awe of how peaceful and mesmerizing it could be to watch... bubbles. Ellie had a blast. Ethan mostly just wiggled and loudly asked "Is it done yet?" every 5 minutes. When they asked for volunteers, Ethan stretched his hand as far as he could and bounced up and down, hoping to be picked. He wasn't. But all of the kids who were picked(except one from Greece - who was from our group)said that they were from "America" and the man would roll his eyes and laugh. I reminded Ethan that if he was picked, to say that he was from Florida. He said "but Mom, my name is 'Duma' and I'm from Africa." Of course. Kind of a shame he wasn't picked. I also enjoyed looking at all of the stores to and from the show. One store in particular gave me a chuckle: "Daffy's - Clothing Bargains for Millionaires." That just sounds wrong on so many levels. Anyway... I was amused, and I like to be amused.

Goodnight all. We love you and thank God for your care and support - we would not want to do this without you!

5 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are such an inspiration. I am continually praying for you all. Same with my kids. We are a young family in the Blairstown NJ area, and have been following your story for quite awhile. Our God will provide for each day what you need, and will guide your decisions. Perhaps one day we could actually meet this lovely family we come to know.
Always in our prayers. - Mike
The Stark Family, Blairstown, NJ

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that Ethan!!! He gave me such a chuckle this morning. Give "Duma" a big hug for me.
Love,
Paula

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We support the changes and plans that you need to make for your family! Perhaps we'll even drive out to Montana to visit when you are feeling ready for that. I'm so glad to hear that Ellie is feeling like herself again. I hope that MT will bring you health, vitality, and much joy. Thanks for the adorable video of Ethan. We hadn't even seen the little guy in action yet so we were thrilled to finally see him animated.
Much Love, The Garcias in Paradise

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah. I love your resolve. God's strength is so visible in your lives. Praise Him for His steadfastness and loving care over you as a family. The ways HE has gone before my daughter and I in this past year by meeting needs I didn't even know we had or providing for us in ways that I could never have dreamed up are countless. Of course it is scary as we love to know the details and have all things "figured out", but then we wouldn't get to lean in hard on Him and see Him come through for us, would we? Oh, may God be everything you need tomorrow and then the next day and then the next day!
I am praising Him for the WONDERFUL news of Ellie's improvement. Ever since we viewed the pictures of Ellie's hair growing back that is about all that Alexa includes in her prayers at night. The first night she just said "...and God I am so happy for Ellie that her hair is growing back." Now she prays "God please help Ellie's hair to keep growing."
May you be greatly impressed with your Heavenly Father's watch care over you and your family these days. I am so encouraged to see you moving confidently ahead holding on to Him. You can't go wrong that way. Your lives are a challenge to my faith. Thank you again for all you write. Sleep well tonight.
We will be praying for you in your transition.
With love,
Kristina and Alexa

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellie and family! I's sure that Ellie and her dad don't remember me, but i met Ellie and her father on spring break at the toys r us in New York and I just wanted to stop by to see how she was doing. You all are still in my prayers! and good luck with everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home