We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Home!

Ellie was able to check out of the hospital and go home about 1:00 today!! Once back home, she got to see her brand new room that's her very own! (She's been sharing with Ethan). Her grandparents Gary and Nancy got her a fishtank for her birthday, so that's a special treat too!

Ethan returned home today too after several days of staying with his grandparents Stan and Pat. Ellie's request was that the four of them - John, Sarah, Ellie, and Ethan - snuggle together in one bed for a while before bedtime. She's very glad to be home with her whole family.

Praise God for this special time of being home together.

Please pray:

1.) For healing for Ellie and that she would enjoy her time home.

2.) For wisdom and comfort for John and Sarah.

3.) For comfort and security for Ethan.

*Please read comments below - Sarah had something to say!

6 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just now seen this blog for the first time. I've been living at the hospital for the past three and a half weeks and have been hearing about the blog from everyone. Thanks so much to all of you for your sweet comments! You cannot imagine how much encouragement we get from knowing how many people are praying for Ellie. She had a wonderful day home, exploring her new room and especially the fish tank. She got her wish for a group snuggle before bed and it was terribly late before all were tucked into their own beds, but so worth it! I'll give more updates later once I find out how to do it as an update instead of a comment. Perhaps a night of uninterupted sleep would help... Thanks again - we love you all.
John & Sarah

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear she is home! Hospitals are never a fun place to spend your time. I have been praying for Ellie as well as your/our whole family daily. I also have my youth pastors and bible study praying for you guys in Paris. In orlando I have my youth group, youth pastors and close friends praying for you also. Please know we love you all and are praying and anticipating God's miraculous hand in this whole situation.
Love and Prayers from Paris,
Jordy

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear John, Sarah, Nancy and family,

We are delighted to read that Ellie could go home yesterday. What a special boost for everyone. We loved the thought of the "family snuggle"...what a precious time. Be assured of our continuing prayers and love. Keith and Wilma Forster

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Rich Brashears and I am a friend of Mike Enters. I am also the youth and childrens Pastor at Seminole Community Church. Mike had asked us to pray for Ellie at one of our staff meetings a few weeks ago and has been giving me updates. I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for all of you. I have 3 children ages 9, 6 and 4 and they pray for Ellie every night before bed. I am in a small group at church and Drew and Beth Horn are in the group also. We were talking about ways that we could help you all out as a family, so if there is anything we can do please let us know. My email is rich@seminolechurch.com. I promise that we will not stop praying for you all.

Rich and family

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading this site since the beginning of last week and am so thrilled that you all get to be home and be a family under one roof again, I've been praying for you all and will continue those prays. It seems like just yesterday when we were in lamazze classes together with Ellie and Matthew tiny little babies leaning and falling on each other at the reunion. They have grown so fast. Jud's sister Ann Latham

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our church family is praying for you guys!

Clint for CrossWay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home