We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Not much to tell...

Just a quick note to say that Ellie has been doing great! She's eating very well and slowly gaining a little weight. We're hoping that she will be well prepared for Monday's chemo.

Ethan is miserable with the chickenpox. We had a mostly sleepless night last night, and he's just as unhappy today. I think that there is one in his mouth and one on the inside of one eyelid. It makes for a a very uncomfortable little boy! Tonight as I was bathing Ethan, I was struck again with how different children within the same family can be. You know how as parents you say that you would be more than willing to take away your child's pain for them if you could? Well Ellie takes great comfort in that sentiment. Since she has heard both John and me express that feeling, she will sometimes even ask if we would go through something for her if we could. Well, tonight I tried that on Ethan. He was sitting the bath tub and he sharply looked up at me when I said it and replied "you mean chickenpox on YOUR body?" When I said yes, he burst into tears and said "NO, not THAT!!" I couldn't believe it. Somehow the thought was just more than he could bear. Well, he's finally asleep, so maybe there's hope for a little more sleep all around tonight.

Thanks to all for praying. I will keep you informed on any changes or things of interest. Tonight I'm too tired to think of anything interesting...I just keep thinking about sleep. :-)

Sweet dreams to all...(maybe even me)

2 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Mrs said...

Praying for Ellie today! Praising God for the good report of shrinkage. Hope Ethan is feeling better as well.

JoAnna Welsh
Circle Community Church
Orlando

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks JoAnna!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home