We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Withdrawal Begins . . .

Ellie continues to do well with her breathing, her oxygen saturation is good, and this morning she can come off the nasal canula. They are going to pull the arterial line in her left groin and the Foley catheter can come out today. She will need to receive a platelet transfusion today.

The unfortunate side effect of coming off the ventilator is that all the drugs that were used to maintain her during that time were stopped. Gradually last night, Ellie began to hallucinate as a symtom of this withdrawal. Supposedly if we establish and stay on a proper dose of Methadone, these symptoms should diminish. Sarah said to me last night, as she and Belinda were fully occupied with restraining Ellie, "hallucinations with words!" The blessing in this - we will now have a sense of what Ellie was seeing before, to better help her with any residual memories she may have from these experiences.

[Loretta]

6 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Immanuel - God with us. And if God is WITH us, who can stand against us?
I woke up thinking about you guys this morning. So glad things are improving still. I will continue to pray that God would protect Ellie's mind and heart during these hallucinations - may she not remember a one!
Blessings today!
Carla

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the God of peace fill your hearts today as you continue to stand strong in this fight. We love you and are fighting with you in prayer.
Love
Nick and Celena

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of you all and the strength and determination through all of this.
Love
Derek, Roni & Tyler

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD IS SO GOOD!!! we are continuing to pray and lift you all up before the Lord. always thinking of you.
love the simons family

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord,

Thanks for improving Ellie's health.


I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.

This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.

The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

Psalm 34:1-10

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger c.g. said...

"Never will I leave you; never
will I forsake you."
-Hebrews

Quiet You with my Love

Come to me all who are weary
And I will give you rest
Come to me all who are weary
And I will give you rest

Lay your head down
On my shoulder
Be still my child
Rest a while

And Ill quiet you with My love
Rejoice over You
With My song
And Ill quiet you with My love
Rejoice over You
With My song

Lay your head down
On my shoulder
Be still my child
Rest a while

And Ill quiet you with My love.


"Come to Me, all you who are weary...and I will give you rest."
-Matthew

May the Lord quiet Ellie's mind as He ministers to her spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home