We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Settling In...

Hello everyone! Ellie and I are settling into life in Montana, while John and Ethan have arrived in Florida. No more traveling - at least for Ellie and me... at least for a while... yippee! It feels nice to be finished with the dreadful rythm of packing and unpacking. Poor John gets the task of sorting and packing our house. I feel for him - I really do - but still not enough to wish I was there helping. I am so tired of "stuff". I have decided that if I can't remember things enough to miss them, then I don't want them hauled all the way out to Montana. Plus, we've already brought more than enough stuff from New York. I love the idea of starting with a clean slate - other than the basic framework of furniture...

Ellie continues to feel well. We stopped in Virginia to see a Homeopathic doctor. We are waiting for him to compile all of the information to determine the specific "remedy" (in Homeopathy, medicines are called remedies) that Ellie needs to take. Then her treatment will begin. I plan on putting together an explanation of Homeopathy for those of you who are unfamiliar with it, and how it works. But not today. My mind is still a little mushy from all of the travel, etc.

Thanks so much for your prayers as we traveled. And for your patience as I took my time getting back to you - thank you! We love you all, and will continue to be in touch.

12 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Praise the Lord for your safe journey. We continue to pray every night for your family and I am constantly amazed by your strength. God is faithful!! Thank you for your updates in the midst of all that is going on. I am excited for this new peaceful chapter in your lives.... We love you!!

The Haviland's

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for you each night before i go to bed, and every morning when i wake.

Ellie, you are an inspiration to me and my friends, keep fighting. As for your family - your all amazing!!!!

Hope to hear from you soon! good luck with settling in.

=]
(Lucie)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

thank you for posting - we have had a great sense of calm about you as we prayed this week - the move sounds so logical and right at this point. Rest dear friends - it is a good thing! About the stuff - have had to completely start my life over a few times - and the stuf is definitely NOT missed - only the people. Hugs to Ellie - her namesake goat is growing fast right now - getting long gangly legs and the prettiest darker coat around her head and neck. Will post some new pics of her soon on the blog.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

I look forward to hearing more about homeopathy! :) I'm so glad you're settling nicely. You're in my prayers.

God bless,
Sheila

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely. We will be praying for wisdom and strength for John as he packs.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Pauleen said...

How exciting to know that our heavenly Father has prepared the road that led you to Montana. As you have seen His faithfulness in the past you will see it in this new chapter of the John & Sarah Skees family. Thank you for your updates as they are a continual reminder that our Creator is ever watching, loving and guiding.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! (for now)
Our prayers are with you, as the God who lead you and protected you so far will continue to do so in Montana!
God bless you all!
Love, Jill

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I'm glad to hear you two are here, and settling in. Give a call (I'm sure Reni's got my number) and we can get the kiddos together, or maybe even a mom's night out!
Our thoughts are with John, Ethan and Stan as they take on the task of moving!
Much Love, Angela

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for you all each and every day for Gods wisdom and direction. glad to hear ellie is feeling well. love to all of you. simons family

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy when God takes you out of your comfort zone he really goes way out. Montana are there Starbucks close by? Our prayers are for you all in your new surroundings

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

watching news about some widespread fires there in Big Sky country and sincerely hope that they are not near you.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

Glad you made it and are getting settled. Prayers for John tackling the job of packing up back home.

I am looking forward to cheering you all on with the homeopathic treatments.

Hope to see you again soon, Sheri :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home