We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Thank You!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments of encouragement! As always, your love and support continue to keep us going. And as has been the way from the beginning of Ellie's cancer, I have drawn indescribable comfort from your tears on our behalf.

Ellie and I left NY for Montana this evening. We had one stop in Minneapolis... which has turned into an all night deal. Our plane was delayed so long that we missed our connecting flight. Ellie was a bit nervous about it all, but we decided to make this a grand adventure. There were a few bumps in the road - long lines, little food, and the directionally challenged adult hauling a tired, sore child (not to mention an insanely large laptop that weighs approximately the same as a mac truck!) around from pillar to post... but it all payed off. We hare lounging in a gorgeous hotel room that almost makes me wish that we were staying more than a night! This whole place is beautifully decorated and family friendly. There is even a set of bunk beds inset into a wall. Ellie has already unpacked her small bag onto the top bunk. We managed to get a pizza before the kitchen closed in the restaurant tonight. So all is well.

There were a couple of unexpected blessings on this trip. We met some very kind people - a sweet young couple with an adorable dog. Ellie loved petting him and talking as we waited for the plane in NY. And there was another wonderful couple who talked with us as we boarded the airplane. If all of you guys are reading this... thank you for your kindness and for making our trip special! And then in the midst of the long lines of angry people who had missed flights, there was a little exchange that I overheard that made me smile. It was already late at night, and we had finally made it onto the shuttle to get to the hotel, and a young couple rushed onto the bus. The dad was holding a sleeping toddler and the mom had a front carrier on with a newborn baby - and they had all of the gear to go along with two small kids. They sat down on the bus and the man looked over at his wife, smiled and said "God is so good to us!" It just made me smile. That was probably the one and only positive comment I had heard in all of the craziness, and I loved it.

John and family were planning to get to Montana on Sunday, but they decided to step it up a day and arrive tomorrow. So now they will probably be there on time to pick us up from the airport. We are sooooo excited! So for tonight, we rest comfortably and look forward to seeing family tomorrow afternoon. It feels like forever since I have held my little Ethan, and once I finally get my arms around John, I don't think I'll let go ever again. This is it! We will finally be - in the words of Ellie when she was a toddler, all "togeddery"!

My next post will be from Montana, and I will be very happy indeed! Love you all.

11 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My, I have imagined all day you flying into Kalispell tonight. But, that isn't happening. In spite of it all, it sounds like you are having a fun adventure anyway.

I can hear the excitement in your voice as you write the words about tomorrow's homecoming. How special and how sweet it will be!

God bless you all and much love, Sheri

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

We love hearing your unique take on adventures in life - thank you to the people who cross your paths and bring smiles, inner joy and especially the chance to pet a nice dog! Grateful for the hotel room for you- a decompression chamber before liftoff in the arms of your family tomorrow! (?Today? I'm time warped!) Praying for you as we walk today -

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited that you will be all together again as a family. Thank you for sharing with all of us what you are going thru right now. Our family is praying for you. We love you all! Kurz Family

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my heart and my love and my hopes are all with you, always. I wish I could be there with you but I do know your faith comforts you.
Grandma Lois

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soo excited that you'll all be together again!!! It seems like FOREVER and I am just a 'bystander'!!! You are an amazing and powerful tool in God's hands...give Ellie our love and tell her we think she is very beautiful, talented and brave!!! Les

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Melissa G said...

May the Lord bless your time as a family. I'm so glad you'll be together again! I can't imagine being away from my little boy so long! But i'm sure it's God who gives the grace to do what we have to do somtimes. We'll continue to keep you and Ellie in our prayers.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Ellie,

You are an absolute sweetness that words are not enough to describe you. As I'm writting this, I am looking down on my book that you decorated with all of your colorful and shiny stickers!! Seeing you again right before you left to go home was so wonderful!! Oh by the way you give the best hugs ever ever ever!!!
My love and prayers, your friend and personal shopper
Maria,

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Ones (now all in Montana) -
Please know that we are continuing to pray for you all here in Northern California! I praise the Lord for your joyful attitude, Sarah, in the midst of the sad and difficult news you received from the doctor. You are an amazing example to all of us who read your letters! I'm glad you met special people in lines, and heard the encouraging comment from the Daddy of the little family - Yes, God is SO good! Have a wonderful reunion with John and Ethan! Our love, Don and Dee Wilcox

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Mandy Caley said...

Ah- so hard-
we are praying, I listened to Twila on You Tube today in Ellie's honor, we will remember you all lots, we pray you have a special family time all together, many others are praying too here
God bless from Allan and Mandy Caley and Andrew- (who says a big hi to Ellie)

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Happy!

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy dance
:-)
Hugs to everyone- I am sure there are plenty going around already!
Ronalee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home