We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Another Day in a Different Paradise...

Yes, I know I'm weird... You know how much I've fallen in love with Monatana. The mountains, the trees, the nature (except the bees). But I have to admit - New York is wonderful too. I have felt so at home on this trip. We have a gorgeous view of buildings and terraces. At sunset, windows begin to light up with a golden glow. And I have always found the people to be so nice and helpful here. And, wonder of wonders, today I actually knew which direction was north! That NEVER happens to me. When people say "it's on the north-east corner..." I just stare blankly. I speak in "left" and "right". But not today! It was exhilarating. It will probably never happen again, but I don't care. I got to experience it once. That's all that matters.

Today we went to the Museum of Natural History. Mom, Gary, Ellie and I wandered around displays and soaked in all of the beauty and I couldn't help but marvel at the creativity of God. The most awe-inspiring exhibit was on sea creatures. There was a gigantic whale suspended from the ceiling. (I wish I could tell you how big it was, but I'm not a good judge of size. Hey, I got north and south today - that's enough for one day!) Gary pushed Ellie in a jogger stroller so that she wouldn't wear out. Unfortunately WE wore out! But it was a wonderful day. We found things from the movie "Night at the Museum" - dinasaurs, dum-dum, and such - and we even stopped to admire the cheetahs in honor of our little Ethan (aka Duma, the cheetah). All in all it was great just to be together! Ellie has been beside herself with joy to be with "Grandma" and "Papa" again.

Tomorrow the week of testing begins, but it's not a difficult day. Ellie will have her medi-port accessed for blood work and we will meet with her doctor. Then she will have a CT scan. That's it for the day. It should be a nice day of catching up with other families and medical personnel. I will keep you posted on the rest of the week...

As always, thanks for living this with us. Being back in this place brings so many memories to the surface, so I spent some time last night (ok, maybe it was half the night) re-reading many of the past entries, and then the comments. Your love and support continues to touch me, even as I look back. I do not want to forget the hard times during these times of rest because I have found that our deepest struggles were interlaced with God's greatest comfort. And His most frequently used tool was your words, and your hands, and your tears. Somehow "thank you" just doesn't seem like enough.

9 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

Oh I were with you in the city.....I've always loved it there too. Give Ellie a big birthday hug for me and tell her I love her <3 and am praying for her.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger c.g. said...

The Believer’s Hand

O God of my salvation, my Redeemer,
I came to you afflicted and alone.
The troubles of my heart had been multiplied;
The fear was rising in my soul.

Then a child of God reached out his hand of mercy,
And took my hand to pray for my pain.
In that moment the Spirit gave me refuge,
And my life will never be the same.

I felt the Master’s touch through the believer’s hand,
The love of God living in a man.
From Calv’ry’s cross it was his plan
To change the world through the believer’s hand.


"A ray of sunshine, a balmy breeze are a gift from God above, And He also gives us faithful friends. To warm our hearts with love."

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Thanks for keeping us informed of all that is going on with your family. The pictures have been great. Our family continues to pray for Ellie and all of you. Know that you are looking forward to a bunch of the "Skees Family" from Florida arriving in Montana soon with John and Ethan. We praise God with you that He allowed Ellie another year and will pray for many more. We love you. The Kurz Family

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah -
Don't forget that we're here if you need anything at all!
Carla

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Good posting - the key is - Sarah and Ellie are loved by every place - so they feel it and ta DA! You feel at home in many places. You two are so interesting and open - people just are naturally drawn to you - like bees to honey - oops - shouldn't have gone to the b words! LOL - y'all are prayed for and loved.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had a safe trip and praying for all the tests this week and also that you have a wonderful time which sounds like you already are. God Bless. simons family

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Lord is my Shepherd" what a wonderful assurance for Ellie, you and your family. Wherever you are He is your Shepherd and will lead you to safety, wells of living water and never leave you. This week we will believe the report of the Lord as Ellie goes through her test. Praying in SC.
Love Edith (Mema T)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

We are here for you in whatever way we can be, and don't you forget it! :D I'm praying everything will go marvelously with all the tests, etc.

Rest in God's peace,
Sheila

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Violet & Dave Shaughnessy said...

We are praying that God continues to bless you Ellie. We are praying daily for His healing in your body, mind, and soul and praying for all for your family too. We heard about you from Katie and Macon Hare (NTM) and started praying for God to bless you and to give you strength. Your smile gives us joy. It's a smile that shows that you are surrounded by a very loving family. Montana is beautiful. Stay warm with hugs from your family and friends. We have family that just moved there from Minneapolis a month ago. We live in the Clearwater Florida area. We pray that God continues to guide and direct those that are helping you. God bless all of you, Violet & Dave Shaughnessy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home