We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, December 11, 2006

End of the Day...

Thought I'd post again today...after the initial nausea this morning, Ellie took a nap, then woke up and began EATING very well. She continued eating and had good energy all day. She even took one dose of her antibiotic without incident! The day has gone so much better than I expected. The nurse did say that one of these chemo drugs in partiuclar is pretty nasty, and can have a cumulative effect...so each day could get worse. I am thankful that today we didn't have to give her any anti-nausea medication (she received two just before the middle of the night chemo infusions began, and then no more) so that gives us somewhere to go should the nausea get unbearable over the next several days. For today I am thankful that Ellie has eaten well and kept everything down...that's one more day of not loosing weight! Thanks so much for praying - please pray that even when she doesn't feel well, that Ellie can at least get something down and not get into the downward spiral of vomitting and loosing weight. Thanks so much.

I talked to Ethan this evening and he sounds good. Stan and Pat said that he slept pretty well last night and has had a good day, so I'm happy. Mom came to the hospital today so I was able to get a two hour nap!! I feel so much better, but still tired. It will take a while to catch up from all of the missed sleep of late. John went home this morning and worked on our house. We're hoping to be able to go to our house after this trip to the hospital, so John's trying to work on it as much as possible, but still spend evenings with us at the hospital.

I hope you all are having a wonderful evening with those you love. If you have children, or are around children that you love, please pay special attention to their laughter...I think that there is no sweeter sound in the whole world! It's just something that I didn't give much thought to before, but now the sound makes me stop and smile in a way that I never used to. John has made it his goal to make Ellie laugh as often as possible, and I love that! He's so conscious of such things, and I love him for it.

3 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah I wanted to share a sweet moment that we had with the kids last night. Ryan had found a camping light in one of the closets. He proceeded to go round the house and turn every light off including unplugging the Christmas tree. He then turned on the camping light. The kids and I sat making shadow puppets that chased each other, hugged and kissed, and ate pretend food. As our laughter filled the room I was hit with the wonder of the moment. I will cherish it forever.

Life is busy and this time of the year is crazy. I wanted to share with you how God is using you in our household. Because I truly don't know if I would have taken the time to share that moment with my kids except for the fact that I read what you are going through every day. Thank you for your honesty Sarah. For being a broken vessel that God is using in every life that reads Ellie's blog.

Give Ellie hugs and kisses from us. You are all in our prayers constantly. I am so glad that Ethan is doing better. Let John know that we miss him. I love you so much.

Tonya

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've never met, but I am halfway around the world...reading about and praying for Ellie and your family. May the Lord fill your days with precious moments and may you experience His strength and rest when the moments are most challening. Know there are hearts around the world uniting with you today....and be encouraged by His love for you....

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Tonya for sharing that! I'm so glad that you had such a special moment with your family. That makes me happy too! I love you too.

Thank you, anonymous...I can't tell you how much it means to us that you would pray so faithfully when you have never met us - thank you so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home