We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hard Night

I just wanted to get out another quick update to ask you to pray for Ellie. She has had a very rough evening. I'm hoping that it's not from the effects of the radiation, but I kind of think that it is. Right now there are so many things going on for Ellie, and tonight it was just too much. John and Ethan got on the web cam and Ellie cried her eyes out for missing her dad. She had some stomach and head pain throughout the evening, and with her low blood counts, she has been so tired and has lost her appetite. Ellie finally got to where she was feeling ok, then she ended up vomitting. We have to give her a shot every night for about 2 weeks. Mom is here now, so it has fallen to her to take John's place in giving the shot. (We will have to be desperate for me to be able to do it.) Tonight the numbing cream didn't work like it usually does, so that was traumatic. All in all it has been a long gruelling night. Mom and I are physically and emotionally spent, but no matter how bad that is, it's much worse for Ellie. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw her so miserable. She finally just fell asleep (it's almost 1 a.m.) holding her daddy's shirt and cuddling with Grandma. So please remember Ellie tomorrow as she has more radiation... I just don't know what to expect. I only know that when we get there, God will be there ahead of us and He will be enough... no matter what. Thank you.

10 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger ~T said...

Praying for precious little ((((Ellie)))) and for you and your mom, ((((Sarah)))).

Terri, Tricia's friend in Texas

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Many more prayers heading your way...

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

Wow, you've had a lot going on in the last couple of days since I last checked in. I will be praying that tomorrow will be an easier day for everyone.
Can I just say too that you are SMART to question Ellie's care and not just blindly take whatever is on offer. Informed choice is a tremendous thing and Ellie is blessed to have parents who are prayerfully cautious about her care.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, Sarah. We will definitely be praying specifically for the effects of the radiation to be minimal. I remember my aunt, who has stage 4 lung cancer but is now miraculously in "remission", telling me that she'd do chemo but she definitely didn't want to do radiation because of how painful the side-effects could be. Fortunately, she didn't have to go through it, but I can just imagine how difficult it is for Ellie. It doesn't sound pleasant at all.

I'm glad your mom is with you. It was nice to see her at Tania's wedding.

As always, you're in our prayers and we praise the Lord that He continues to give you exactly what you need when you need it,

Beth Anne

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger simons family said...

i check and read your blog ecah and everyday. my heart goes to ellie and your family. i could not even imagine what you are going through. it is a blessing to me to be able to pray each and everyday for ou all. i read what you write and i see such incredible strength and such love and compassion and total faithfulness to the lord and that is a blessing to me. thank you for sharing with all of us. as much as you feel all that are there for you are a blessing youand your family are truly a blessing to all of us who know you. in Jesus love dawn

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey We are and will continue to be praying foryou. We love you guys so much and miss you dreadfully.
Love the Myers clan

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying especially for Ellie today and that tonight will be easier...Of course, you (Sarah) and your mom and the rest of the 'gang' are also always in our prayers!! Les

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart just goes out to you as you see your precious daughter suffer in this way. We're praying that she won't suffer like this every night. May God bless you all & give you comfort. He is able. More than able.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah -
We won't stop praying! What you are all going thru is mind- boggling to me and I thank God so much that He is able to do far more than we can ask or think, right? We need Him to do just that! I'm so glad He is comforting you and Ellie and so glad your mom can be with you. I'm sure you're missing Ethan so much - we continue to pray for him and for John too as I'm sure it's so hard to be separated. GOD IS ENOUGH! Bless you!! Carla

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully today was a better day for Ellie. That photo of her in the mask preparing for radiation is both heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. She's so incredibly brave, but I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Thank you for sharing your emotions and your daily life with us.

With love and prayers, - Diana P.
(Lake Mary Life magazine)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home