We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, March 05, 2007

So Very Tired!

Wow - these past days have been something of a whirlwind! We have been back and forth to the hospital for tests. Yesterday we didn't have to do anything, so we had a nice lazy day. Our big excitement was going to a store. It is amazing to me to be able to walk anywhere you need to go. We ducked in this little doorway into a place that probably held as much stuff as Walmart, only it was like a maze in there - down stairs, around corners. There were all kinds of cool treasures tucked in all kinds of hard to get to places...

John has been a scouting machine! He takes off and discovers stores and places I never knew they had so close at hand. His sense of direction amazes me. (I would get lost in a brown paper bag, so for me walking out the door and moving in one direction with purpose is a foreign feeling...) I just follow close to him and we always end up where we need to be. One of these day's I'm going to have to start paying attention, but for now it's just so easy to say "honey, could you please go and..." He also has the goodness and tact (not to mention deep understanding of who I am) not to look shocked when, after 4 days of hospital trips I have to ask "so when I go out of the hospital, I go which way?" Oh, and did I mention that I have a kind of phobia of crossing busy streets? I may need to be reminded from time to time that I really do consider this a grand adventure...

Today we spent all day at the hospital. Ellie had CT scans, blood transfusions, and it is now 9:00 p.m. and John and Ellie are just coming home from the MRI. (They weren't kidding when they said this is the city that never sleeps.) Even when overwhelmed and tired, we can see how good God was to bring us here. Everything about it is right! It just moves at remarkable speeds. Ellie is holding up as well as can be expected. She's coming out of her shell, and feeling very happy about our room at the R.McD. House. She refers to it as "home" and I can identify with that sentiment. It is our "spot". We come in from the big world out there and step in the door to our things and our space and we feel at peace. Tomorrow Ellie has an Echo-cardiogram at 12:30 and that will be it for the day. Wednesday we go back for blood work (and if needed, transfusions), and the Doctor is hoping that Thursday will be the stem cell harvest. That's our week in a nut-shell.

So... thanks for praying. We appreciate it so much - and we need it. Just knowing that so many people out there are remembering us and care what happens in Ellie's day makes this huge city seem just a little smaller. It brings a smile to our hearts. Thanks!

5 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Julie said...

The fear of crossing busy streets must come form dashing across Central before they blocked it off. Vickie almost got creamed by a bus one time! Super scarey! Love you and are still praying.

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah -
So good to hear the tests are going well and that you're finding your way. We'll be praying for the Echo tomorrow and especially for the harvest on Thursday. We're so glad things are moving quickly for Ellie! We're praying that she will be brave and peaceful through it all. By the way, Times Square has a Toys R Us store and in that store is a Ferris Wheel you can ride. Maybe Ellie would like that sometime for something special. :-) We continue to pray many times a day and we're waiting with great anticipation for what God is going to show you and do for Ellie. Sleep well tonight!
Carla

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah -
I forgot to ask how Ethan is...I think of him often and pray for him too. I'm sure you all miss him very much.
Carla

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie, Alexa prayed for you at supper tonight that God would help you get to know your new doctors.
Good night,
Kristina and Alexa

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Alexa: Ellie smiled when she heard about your comment and she said "Thank you. I think it helped me a little bit to feel better. And I hope we can stay in touch. Could you maybe send me an email with your picture on it?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home