We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Uneventful Weekend

For the first time since we arrived in New York, I have spent two consecutive days in the room - never having to go out except to go down the elevator to the kitchen! It has been wonderful! I don't think to this point I had even spent one whole day indoors. We have been able to sleep in and relax... watch TV... answer emails. Ellie has done well other than throwing up one time. She has been eating a little better, but it's been very slow progress. I think that she's enjoyed lying around and relaxing too. Mom has gone out to the store a couple of times and has been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing around the room.

Tomorrow radiation begins again. She has two treatments every day - Monday through Thursday. There should also be an MIBG scan and bone marrow biopsies sometime this week. I will let you know how it all goes.

John says that Ethan enjoys having him home so much. John's been giving him lots of extra huggs and kisses and spending special time with him. I miss hugging my little boy so much! The only thing that makes John being home bearable for me is that he can make Ethan happy.

Thank you all for the sweet comments and emails. We cherish having you all in our lives!

6 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
Ellie is in my thoughts often and I eagerly look at the blog for updates daily. I am a nurse and your updates are able to provide me with more information on how to pray for your little girl better. What a great MOM you are! Don't ever doubt your instincts for they are God given. I am in awe of your honesty. Thankyou for sharing so openly about both the good days and the bad days! I talk about your family with everyone I know and ask them to pray. Needless to say, your testimony is changing lives and impacting others to know that GOD is a reality not just a story. Your Sister in Christ,
Tara McClintock (Wright)

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I hope the week of radiation goes well!
Love, Kim D.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Mrs said...

Who ever thought laundry and housework would become one of life's simple pleasures?

Praying for you and your family, especially for your "mama heart" missing your boy.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Mollie said...

Sarah: Thank you so much for the updates. I am continually amazed at how much I take for granted - relaxing, control of my own schedule, etc. But God is -- as you closed a few weeks ago - "enough"! We pray for Ellie and your family, for continuing healing from our great Physician!

Just a thought, too, seeing as how there are so many people watching your blog, that there is a map our church missions team uses which shows little dots from where people view - the link appears to be

http://clustrmaps.com/admin/register.php

I don't know if it would interest you or not, but it certainly would be God's faithfulness to see where, from all over the world, people are praying for Ellie.

Blessings, Mollie (friend of the Newtons in Pennsylvania)

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to relax and rest this weekend...you all certaintly deserved it! Nick and I will be in NY April 20th-23rd. Hopefully we can meet you in the city for coffee or lunch!

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear sweet Sarah & John and all of you who are looking after Dear Ellie at this most critial time, I only wish I could be there to try and help in any way possible. My heart is with you at every moment of the day. Just know, dear ones, that all of us , family and friends, are praying and keeping you all with us and trying our level best to sustain you .
All of my love, Grandma Lois

 

Post a Comment

<< Home