We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, March 26, 2007

The very long, never ending day...

Today was long... so long that even though it's almost 10:00 p.m., it's still not over. Ellie had radiation this morning, followed by platelet and red blood transfusions, followed by more radiation. Finally we arrived home at supper time, only to go in to urgent care - Ellie has a fever of over 103 degrees. The blood cultures have been started along with two antibiotics. She just threw up the tylenol. It's going to be a long night... We will eventually land in a room like we did last time - for at least a couple of days while the cultures sit and grow, or not grow bacteria. I was so hoping that Ellie had escaped this ordeal - we were so close - 12 days out from the beginning of chemo. Still... this happening was almost a certainty. Poor little thing - she's like a limp dishrag. She started the day this way, only without fever, so it was no surprise that all of her counts were low. After the blood transfusions Ellie perked up, but it was short lived. We took a taxi to the hospital and Ellie sat on my lap, facing me, with her burning head on my shoulder just breathing. When we were stopped at a red light she said in a sing-songy voice "this is the smoothest taxi..." At the moment, Mom is sitting with her in the bed, stroking her head while she sleeps. She is much cooler right now. So that's the scoop for tonight. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow...

5 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soo, soo sorry...Will pray so much for you all tonight. My baby isn't sleeping well these days, so I will be up a lot tonight and will pray fervently for you...Love, Les

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger aliann said...

Praying for you tonight!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Oh Ellie, I'm so sorry you've got a fever! Extra prayers that the fever goes away and that you start feeling more lively...

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping the quiet weekend was a sign of things to come. I'm sorry about Ellie's rough day on Monday. Hopefully today will bring some comfort and she can fight that fever.
xoxo, - Diana P.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were given your site by Laura Tyler my daughter-in-law who is in school at NTM in Wisconsin. Her and my son are going to be missionaries in Mexico after they finish in Missouri. My name is Edith, but the grandkids call me Mema T.I am praying for you and Ellie. Your family is going through so much but your faith encouages me. My the God of all we need, supply for you all, may your days be filled with the ever present knowledge of His grace and love for you and Ellie. My no weapon formed against you prosper and the arms of God hold you close.
In Christ, Edith (Mema T)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home