We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

About Sarah . . .

Sarah asked me to please post about how she is doing. What has been happening for her on the “blog” has been an incredible source of strength and release for her. She is so committed to keeping it current out of appreciation for those who follow so faithfully and pray so fervently for Ellie and our families.

As a group, “Team Ellie”, we have often used a military analogy to both seriously encourage one another and provide an endless opportunity for levity. This morning, while circumstanes are incredibly serious, we still each found there was grace enough to laugh amidst the tears. On the serious side, we would like to share the metaphor that fits for us today to give a little insight into our Sarah. She has been our finest “Surgeon” on the front line – attending to Ellie as no one else could. She has the ability to read Ellie when no one else can and tends to her spirit with words and song like NO ONE else. She tried to shower yesterday and 30 minutes hadn’t passed that we had to call her back to Ellie’s side to speak and calm her. We have collectively decided that she needs to be recalled from the ‘Front’ – as the circumstances of Ellie being in a drug induced coma presents this opportunity. So she is in her own Intensive Care Unit – a time of quiet, no phone calls, no beeping alarms, no vision of the look in her daughter’s eyes. She will take some time to be stitched up with the Words of Truth, soothed with a Peace that surpasses understanding, and cared for in the arms of the Great Physician.

We are shifting the Team around and John will stand duty in the daytime now. He is ever so watchful and gentle in spirit as he stands guard over his most beloved Ellie. John is excellent at watching out for Ellie in the overwhelming world of “telemetry” in a Pediatric ICU. Belinda, his firefighter, EMT aunt, has joined the Team – called into Service out of Reserve Status. She and Sarah will now take turns doing the night watch.

Ellie was taken for her CT Scan of the Head early this afternoon and was back in the room at 2:45. She is mostly resting quietly it seems, however, they are still struggling to lower her blood pressure. We are awaiting results and will keep you posted. Thank you all for your continued prays and words of encouragement.

Loretta

8 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger c.g. said...

But you are a shield around me, O Lord; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

To the Lord I cry aloud, and He answers me from His Holy Hill.

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.

Psalm 3

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

2Thessalonians 3:16

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to intercede for you all seeking not only God's strength and comfort, but the peace that passes all understanding. Ellie is one of the precious little ones that God loves so much. How wonderful to know that she is in His loving arms each moment of this trial.
We love you so much,
Walt, Jeanie, and Teddy Barbier

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Mrs said...

On our "knees" throughout the day. So thankful all are in the hands of our Father.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Your prudent steps are an answer to my prayers.
The vigil continues for all of us.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

A song that always gives me great encouragement... because I can hear God... my friends... my family singing it to me in my lowest moments is a song from Josh Groban called "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)":

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When you're heart's heavy
I...I will lift it for you

Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I...I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When you lost inside
I...I will be there to find you

Don't give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you
I...I will shine to guide you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

You are loved
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Every one is to be heard
You are loved

~*~*~*~

So, take this time in your own "ICU" Sarah that you won't give up. And know that I am still praying and will keep praying here in California. God bless you all.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our family is praying throughout the day every day for all of you, and our church is faithfully praying for your family at every prayer meeting. Praying you will remember:
"For He Himself has promised, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'"
the Scheidemantles and Canyon Community Church

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I just came across the link to Ellie's blog from a prayer request on a forum I read.

I will be praying for all of you but especially Ellie.

I am a childhood cancer survivor. I had Wilms' Tumor, a kidney tumor, at the age of 5 1/2, I'm now 30. My dad and I helped raise money to build the Ronald McDonald House at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor because there was no place like that there when I was sick, I know what a blessing that program is for families of sick children. We were lucky to have my mother's sister near enough that we could stay there during the most intense parts of my treatment.

Is there an address where I might be able to send her a card?

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying you can rest, and find peace at this time Sarah.

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down your sleep will be sweet.
Proverbs 3:24

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
Isaiah 43:2

Praying and sending love!
Jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home