We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Alive, well, and slightly insane

Hi all. Sorry I've not been posting. It's been just a little crazy... We have 14 people living in one house (well, some of us are sleeping in campers) and the guys have been going a hundred miles an hour to get our home finished. And then there's the fact that I had to have a tooth pulled a couple days ago. (It was a back molar - something that needed work right when Ellie was diagnosed a year ago, and I didn't take care of. Once I finally got around to it, it needed a root canal. I don't feel that those are healthy, so I had it pulled. Not fun.) On top of all that, we are having some adjustments being together again as a family after being apart for so long. One major adjustment - I'm not used to having two kids any more. It's still wonderful to be together, but I had forgotten how divided my attention gets between two children. And poor little Ethan hardly knows which end is up after the past difficult year. It will just take time.

I just wanted you all to know that we are alive and, if not well, then on our way to that. Thank you all for your prayers. I will try to get word out as often as possible, but if you don't hear anything in spurts, it's probably due to the business and chaos. In other words, no news is relatively good news. I may have a few gray hairs when it's all over, but I will have a home... so it balances out, right?

8 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger pk said...

Right you are ! AMEN. As always more love , hugs, and prayers for you and yours. pk

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to drop a quick line to ask if you would email a snail mailing address to me. As I was preparing my newsletter, I realized I still have Florida! Anyway, we are praying for y'all and will continue to do so. Nine is a delightful age, isn't it?
Lots of Love and Prayers,
Jeanie Barbier
walt-jeanie@juno.com

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Hi Sarah,

A few words from you go a long way. It is a privilege to read and re-read your dispatches from a frontline of spiritual battle that defies explanation. But you do explain it, and, I think, very well. When mere time passes between writings, I rejoice that your priorities are in order, and that your family is the first to receive the grace of your attention.

I thank God for all you have done and continue to do for so many, near and far.

Regards to John and to all.

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

from Philippians 4

Agapé

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Thank you for updating - know how hard things can be with both physical and emotional "newness" going on. WHEN you get a chance - we'd all love pictures of the new home site - it makes it so easy to pray specifically for you when those visuals are in place. Prayed for you today most fervently - you are special to us.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Skees Family

Just a note to say hi and that my thoughts and prayers are with you!! Ellie!!! Here is a virtual bear hug to you sweet face!!! (((())))!!! You rock girlfriend!!! :)
Love Maria AGP NYC

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are right. so glad you are all together. enjoy every minute! love and prayers. simons family

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you! Where in Montana are you?

Gina in MT

PS I found your blog via a another blogging friend who's little girl is also battling cancer!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Gina,
We are very close to Kalispell, MT. Thanks for stopping by our blog. I'm so sorry about your friend... it's a tough road...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home