We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, June 08, 2009

The adventures of a man, a boy, and a rock...

Today was a long day of driving, and I made the rather humbling realization that on this trip I have the equivalent usefulness of a rock. I can't drive the rig. I really stink at navigation... I mean REALLY stink. I get carsick if I look anywhere other than straight ahead for more than a few seconds. And I fall asleep nearly the instant the wheels start moving. For all intents and purposes, John is making a very long cross country trek with a small boy and a rock. Unfortunately it's also a rock that needs to eat and have potty breaks. But the man is so hopelessly in love with me that he's not even upset about it. He just looks over at me from time to time, smiles, and says "isn't this fun?" Yes, it really is fun, but somehow I think I'm getting the nicer end of the bargain!

Sorry, no photos tonight. I'm having technical difficulties in that department. See, I told you... a rock!

6 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Rock on?! if you be a rock - then a lovely rock it is. After the long separations and turmoil - having his family snug in the cab of the truck has to be pure joy for John. We don't have to tell him he is traveling with a boy and a rock - and even if you did - I doubt he'd believe it!

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A rock my son would be very happy to find one JUST LIKE YOU!!! Any man would be very lucky to have you, I'm so glad our John was blessed. Can't wait to see you!!!
Aunt B

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Oh thank you for all the gorgeous pictures... Being from the South, I would LOVE to travel out West.. This will be a trip that all of you remember your whole lives!! Also, a rock holds strength and gives us all something to lean on :) You sister are one amazing rock!!

Love,
Gena Haviland

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Darla said...

Sarah You really need to start writing books now.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Heather said...

Well you are certainly one very cute and stylish rock!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Allison said...

You are such a great story teller. I haven't commented in awhile and was so excited because I have never been first to leave you a comment. I'm glad you are having a safe trip making memories. Love- Allison

 

Post a Comment

<< Home