We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Travel Plans

Hello! Yes, I am alive... but barely. I feel like I've been in a coma for weeks. No, there's been nothing exciting happening like actually being sick or injured. I've just gone into a sort of shut down mode where I've been avoiding the impending reality of the move back to Florida. But now I can't ignore it any longer. It will happen whether I'm ready or not. I figure that I might as well be ready.

It's not that I'm not excited about many aspects of moving back. There is much to look forward to. It's just that I don't like change until after the fact. Things run much smother for me if I have less time from beginning to end. The ideal scenario for me would be to find out that I was going to move. Cry for a whole day. Get excited for a whole day. Run around like a chicken with my head cut off for about three days, packing. Spend about three days saying goodbyes and squeezing in as much fun as possible. Spend a day crying. Arrive at destination. That's it. About 10 days from start to finish. This dragging it out for months is killing me. I will have still only had about 10 productive days anyway. The rest of it is pretty much a total loss. My brain turns to mush and my circuits become overloaded. I'm continually at loose ends...

I thought it was time to fill you in on the plan. I could have told you this weeks ago, but I couldn't face that it was happening weeks ago. Ethan's last day of kindergarten is on Thursday, May 28. John flies to MT on May 30. We will spend about 4 or 5 days packing a U-Haul, saying goodbyes, and taking in a bit more of the beautiful Montana spring. Then we will spend about 5 days driving across the country to Florida. So our approximate date of arrival will be June 10.

Thanks for your patience with me. I will try to keep you updated along the way, but probably won't be on overly much. I have exactly two weeks to pack and squeeze in all of the fun and last minute adventures that I can...

5 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

well I can't honestly say "drop in on your way" 'cause Texas is definitely NOT the route to get to Florida - I understand about not wanting too much lead time - I will overthink a situation and become burnt out before it really starts. Thanks for keeping updated -

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Lauren said...

i wish i could fly out just to help. :(

I know this will be hard for you guys. I'm praying your trip is safe. thanks for sharing.

I am coming to FL this summer. So I will see you soon! :)

-L

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Thanks for updating, Think of you and your family often and will pray for you guys and this move that the transition will go smoothly. God Bless. Allison

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Darla said...

Sarah, Wow you will be driving across some beautiful country to get back home how awesome that will be!!!. Keep the camera close and have fun on the way home.With John and Ethan it has to be quite an adventure. Will see you in Florida eventually you can count on it.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Mema in SC said...

I will be praying for you and your family as you make the move. Change is hard but always has it's rewards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home