We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was unpacking my suitcases this afternoon, and John called to tell me that he did some checking around and found a guy in our town who would fix my computer for me. I wondered why not just take it to the same guys who fixed it last time. He said, "no, I really trust this guy. He will even come to the house and fix it for you." Before I even had a chance to listen to all of the warning bells in my head that statement brought on, he said "In fact, he's at the house now. Go answer the door." I opened the door to find JOHN standing there!! I think that I laughed and cried all at the same time and took a good 30 seconds to actually think to hug him! My hands are still shaking so badly I can hardly type... Some incredibly sweet friends of ours from our church in Florida bought him a ticket to come. He gets to be here for a whole week! John had called a friend from work to pick him up at the airport and drop him off at the top of the driveway. I don't know when I've ever been that completely surprised!! Ethan is absolutely thrilled and is glued to John's side as we speak. The three of us made our way over to the big house and just surprised the life out of Loretta, Reni and Mike. And the dogs. You should have heard the yelling and crying and laughing going on... Ethan did a great job pulling off the surprise. OK... I'm off to go stare at my husband for a while and pinch myself that he's actually really here... talking... and breathing... and... HERE.

13 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Hallelujah and hooray and woo hoo and God bless your friends for buying that ticket - beats the dickens out of hiring Rent A Geek to fix that computer!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Becky K. said...

That is so way cool!!!!

I am not really that teenie bopper but I don't know how else to say it!

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah,

I am SO thrilled for your family. What an awesome surprise for you and Ethan!!! Enjoy your week together and know that all of us out here rejoice with you!

Love,
Gena Haviland

PS. What did John think of the new hair?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Melissa G said...

Yay! That's AWESOME! I'm so happy for you and Ethan! God bless the friends who were so thoughtful to do that!

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care who you are...that's just plain romantic! Way to go, John :) your friend in Lakeside

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger c.g. said...

Sarah,

So happy for you!!!!!

What a wonderful surprise!

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i wish i coulda seen ya'll's faces! i BET there was screaming... GO JOHN!!! lol

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Amy said...

What a wonderful surprise! I hope you have a lovely week together.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

YAY! What a fabulous surprise, have a fun week! :)

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Mollie said...

How neat to find a special delivery at the door.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great! Enjoy your time together!

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I am just wondering how this guy is at fixing your computer :)

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww that is the best surprise! It must be so nice to spend time together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home