We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 19, 1994....

15 years ago today, we were married! In so many ways, I can't believe that it's already been 15 years, and in other ways it feels like a lifetime. How could I not have been born knowing this person who knows me better than I even know myself? He understands exactly what I mean even when I utterly fail at my attempts in communication. He manages to find something beautiful in me even on my ugliest days. He balances me in the most wonderful of ways. He chooses to stay with me on the bad days, or weeks, or months. Our marriage is not perfect, but I don't expect that it ever can be, given our humanness and all. What it is, is uniquely ours. It is the life that we continue to build together. And on this special anniversary, I just want to publicly thank John for choosing me. For loving me. For holding me so tightly that I feel that I will never be afraid again. And for holding me so loosely that I live with complete freedom to be myself. If he gives me nothing else for the rest of my life, that will be enough.

Because it's a special day, you know that there has to be a song! :-) I've been saving the song "We Will Dance" by Steven Curtis Chapman, for just this occasion. It says exactly what I would like to say to John today...

(click "standalone player")

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!



John,

I'm so sorry that I can't be with you today... our first anniversary apart! I love and miss you so very much!

All my love,
Sarah

4 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Happy Anniversary, Sarah. I know what you mean when you say it has gone so fast and yet it feels like a lifetime. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year this May. Think of you often and praying for you guys. Love- Allison

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Hi John and Sarah,

Congratulations on your rich marriage. It's a pleasure to know you.

Agapé

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Wow, Happy Anniversary! I remember being at your wedding. :) I can't believe it's already been 15 years! Sorry you & John have to be apart.

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. May you continue to know the presence and power of God as you walk through this lifetime together.
Blessings, Sharon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home