We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home!

I'm sorry I didn't post last night. We drove until nearly 3:00 a.m. and then slept at a little motel that didn't have internet... not that I would have been able to think well enough to get on anyway! We got a decent start this morning, and then got home by about 9:30 p.m. I can't even tell you how tired I am! I'm sure John is much more tired, though. He was amazing! He drove that rig for something like 19 hours straight yesterday with very few breaks. I will have more to tell soon, but tonight I am just so overwhelmed with being here. I wouldn't say that I'm sad or happy really. The best word is simply overwhelmed. Ethan was more specific. As we pulled in to the driveway he said "Ohhhhh, I missed that tree. I missed this house!! I think I want to cry." When John asked if it was because he was happy, Ethan nodded his head and said "yep" in a very small voice. Of course, the moment we opened the door he was off and running. I do believe that he pinged off of every single wall in the place!

4 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger c.g. said...

Sarah,

Thanking the Lord you all have arrived home safe.

Was listening to "The Prayer" and thought I would pass it on to you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU9STA8eJdE&feature=related

it is so beautiful.

(I think you will have to copy and paste)

Praying for you as you settle in that the Lord will give strength.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Glad you arrived safely - especially glad Ethan was already bouncing off walls! Take it slow and easy - the heat will be catching up with you a bit while you adjust to your new climate (or re-new climate?)

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Whatleys' World said...

I'm glad the 'rock' is home and NOT traveling! Ugh... I HATE getting sick while traveling. I'm glad Ethan is so glad to have his tree back and his house. It is great that he is so excited. :) I know the Lord will give you energy for unpacking and settling in again with whatever emotions and feelings you will have. :)

Love ya!

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What nice HOT, HOT, HOT weather to unload a truck in. Sarah, I'm glad you're back and would love to visit w/ you sometime when you feel up to it and not feeling overwhelmed (that may take a while!). Feel like God's giving us a 2nd chance to connect as neighbors. Waiting for the a/c guy to come put a new compressor in at our house today!!! It's 90+ inside.
Eileen Harmon (across the way)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home