We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Ethan's Birthday!

Today Ethan turns seven! I can't believe that we started this journey together when Ethan was only three... soon-to-be-four. We had a party for him yesterday, so I will post some photos soon.

We are currently decorating the Christmas tree. (I am taking a quick break while John is vacuuming under the tree. It could be a while.) We usually do the tree on the day after Thanksgiving, but things have been busy with work, and quite frankly, I don't think I was ready for it until now. Both John and I have had a hard time getting ourselves geared up to take on the whole festive season. We do want to keep our traditions alive for Ethan, and even though it's bitter-sweet for us, we do enjoy Christmas and all that goes along with it. We also know that Ellie would want us to make it fun and special. Decorating with lights and all things Christmassy was one of Ellie's favorite things!

Well, the vacuuming noises in the other room have stopped, so I think that's my cue. I'll be back soon with pictures!

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

♭ Happy Biirthdaay Dear Ethannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
♭ Happy Birthday to yooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Happy Belated B'day Ethan - what a lot of changes in the past year! Yes - keeping holiday traditions is important for all the family -not just Ethan - besides we all love to see what clever decoration ideas you have had!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home