We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day two of chemo

Ellie did pretty well today. Sarah, along with medical personnel had to watch her closely and deal with situations such as low potassium, nausea, etc. The gave her a steroid shot for the nausea, so when that took effect she was able to eat. She ate quite a bit today which is really good. She can only have one steroid shot in a day, so when that wore off, she was nauseous again.

During the time she was feeling able, she played some computer games and did some crafts with the activities person at the hospital.

The bone marrow test from yesterday didn't show improvement, but this is early in the treatment.

Praise the Lord that she's nearing the end of round two!

Please pray:

1.) For healing for Ellie and for her comfort during this process.

2.) For comfort, strength, and wisdom for John and Sarah.

3.) For comfort for Ethan.

4.) That the chemo would be effective.

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellie,

We are praying for you. I remember your mom and I holding our babies and getting a picture taken. Our Joshua was born August 14, 1989.

Our God is good. He has a good plan for you and also for Joshua. We pray for God's strength and comfort and peace at this timefor your whole family.

love,
Janet and Mark Case
Benjamin and Joshua
NTM, Panama

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ellie, Ethan, John and Sarah,

I don't know you well, but my grandma is your teacher at school. We are surely praying for you. You seem to be so brave in all of this. I can tellGod is giving you the strength you need. I pray He will continue to do this for your whole family. Tammy for the Enns family

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all an inspriration. I will keep praying for you. I just wanted to say I certainly do agree with you Sarah; Ellie does need to eat whole organic foods. You are very right. I know it's time consuming, but if you can get someone to juice carrot, apple, celery juice for Ellie, I believe that would help build her immune system up too. The vegetable juices are detoxifying and the fruit juices are cleansing. She needs both which I know you know. I am praising the Lord for how He is sustaining you all.

In Christ, Dori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home