We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Getting some "go juice" before Christmas

The blood work today showed that all of Ellie's blood counts are going down...not a big surprise. She will get a platelet transfusion and red blood transfusion (aka "go juice" as it brings much needed energy to the recipient) tomorrow. These should help her feel good for Christmas. Also - there seems to be no more nausea these days, even without the anti-nausea medication! We are so thankful. Despite the few difficult days in the begining of this cycle, I think that we can officially say that it was her best chemo yet. And you were so worried... :-)

Ethan came home tonight, to a VERY chaotic house. He didn't seem to mind and even said "I'm so happy because I'm home at my house!" I think my all time favorite quote of his came this evening as he was hugging me goodnight. He patted my arm and face, then grabbed a handful of skin on my face and happily said "I love fat skin!" You've gotta love complete candor!

Lots of love from my home to yours!

8 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan cracks me up! His comments remind me a lot of my little guy at that age! I bet he has you laughing so much...
So thankful for Ellie's successful round and so glad she should be getting energized for Christmas!
It is amazing how many hearts you have touched through telling your story...
You're such an encouragement and I check in daily (if not more) to see how you guys are doing and how we can pray for you!
Merry Christmas, Love, Les

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Leslie! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Mrs said...

Thanks for sharing the smiles! Hope you have a wonderful, UNEVENTFUL Christmas with your loved ones.

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mrs: thanks so much, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well!

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
We are so glad and thankful that this round went well for Ellie (and you).
We will be praying that it will be a wonderful Christmas for you all. We are looking forward to spending this Christmas with our families too and making memories.
Take care,
Hazel

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Hazel! Hope your family has a wonderful Christmas as well.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been monitoring this blog for some time without commenting. I really just didn't know what to say. But for whatever reason, I feel like saying something now. Hang in there, Ellie. You and your mother are such an inspiration for us all.

I really don't know you, but I feel like you and I have one thing in common. (We are both fighting nasty invaders in our bodies.) My only contact with you was at DeLeon Springs watching Grandpa Jim hold you as a baby while the rest of us ate pancakes. And hold you he did! I'm not sure anyone else was given much of a chance to hold you. Your great-grandfather, with a hugh grin of contentment, was in grandpa heaven.

I had a good chemo treatment for my last one and was encouraged to read that yours went better than expected as well. It was my tenth of twelve treatments. My prayer for you is that there will come a day when you can say, "Only two more treatments." We will all be rejoicing when that day comes.

I have only a small idea of what you are going through, but my prayers are with you and your family. Have a very merry Christmas. Isn't it nice to know the REASON for this celebration?

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil: Thanks so much for commenting. We will be praying that your next two chemos go well and that all will be well when they end. I'm so sorry that you are also going through this. I hope that you and your family have a very special Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home