We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Home at Last!

We are home from the hospital! Round three of chemo is over and we are back home in our own beds tonight. It has been a full day. Ellie threw up on the way home, but has been feeling much better for most of the day. She has had some yucky moments, but I am very pleased over all how well she's feeling. Ellie is happy to be in her room and with her fish again. Our house is still under construction in some areas, but it is more liveable than before, so we are able to be back. Our bed is in the living room, but it's my bed and I'm so happy to see it...I don't care where it is! I'm sure I'll have more to report tomorrow, but for now we are happy and home. (Except Ethan...he can't come home until we're sure he's over the chickenpox. Even though Ellie just had them, her immune system is about to bottom out completely and there is a very real risk of re-infection or the possibility getting shingles.) So...we miss our little buddy, but very soon we will all be together in our little house...for Christmas!

3 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a beautiful Christmas with your sweet family...I am thrilled to hear you're home and that round 3 is complete! May the Lord bless you and keep you strong and encouraged...Love and prayers always, Les

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I am not much of a writer (ask my best friend on the whole planet, Mark, how many letters we have shared over our 35 years of friendship), but I feel compelled to tell you the impact your writing is having on Charlene and me. You have not met her, but my bride is sharing your experience so intimately because of your postings. We usually print about 3-4 days worth and then have a little mini-story to read. We did that this morining and commented on how many poeple are being witnessed to through your sharing. Your continual reliance on the "grace of the day" is such a testimony of our God's providence and power,,,, I am just blown away by your example and response. I do not have any profound words of wisdom; I just want to say thank you for your witness and encourage you to keep on keeping on. God bless you and all those around you. Your impact will probably not ever be fully appreciated by you, but I am grateful just for knowing you and sharing this whole ordeal. In His love, Dave.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Leslie! I hope your family has a very special Christmas as well.

Dave: I'm so glad that you and your wife have been enjoying the updates. It has been my hope that others will be able to identify with my thoughts and feelings. No matter what our circumstances in this life, I think the basic feelings and responses that we have are the same. I'm so glad if others are able to see God somehow in our stuggles and joys! Thanks so much for the encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home