We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Getting some TLC at the Hospital

Ellie gets some much needed blood! (Notice the red line in the foreground...)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We are now safely ensconced on the Hematology/Oncology floor of the hospital. We moved up to a room in the middle of the night...more doctors to see...more questions to answer...settle into the room. So, 5:00 a.m. I finally rested my head on the pillow. I did get some sleep despite the many interruptions, and John and Ellie were able to sleep as well as can be expected. Sometime in the early morning hours Ellie was given a platelet transfusion, and she is currently recieving the red blood. In the twelve hours between checking Ellie's blood at the clinic and re-checking at the hospital, her hemoglobin dropped from 6.8 to 5.4 and her platelets dropped from 24 to 16. The poor little girl was like a wet noodle by the time the transfusions started. She is already perking up a tiny bit. Her fever was still up in the night, but it has started going down this morning.

My mom is coming this morning to help out with Ellie and allow me to get a nap - wonder of wonders. (In between hospital visits, Ethan has been keeping me up at night.) Pretty soon when people pass me in the halls, they will need to politely avert their eyes from the lady with the glazed, bloodshot eyes who is sitting in the corner rocking and mumbling something about being so very tired...

A couple of pictures from Ellie's last round of chemo.
Ellie and Uncle Michael doing math homework:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Ellie's favorite mode of transportation - IV pole:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

You'll be like Goldie Hawn in the movie, "Overboard," Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba.........

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tricia,
I almost made reference to that...I think you planted the idea a couple weeks back and I couldn't get it out of my head!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have a sense of humor, Sarah. All I can say tonight is that I am praying for each of you tonight. THANK YOU for the faithful and REAL updates. I am praying rest for you... in every sense.
I'm in awe of how God is upholding you, and how you are chosing to let Him! Isn't that the hardest sometimes?

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable pic of Ellie riding her IV pole! I will pray desperately for some rest and strength for you! I am so ignorant on these issues..what makes her counts drop so suddenly? Thinking of you always, les

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kristina and Leslie! God is answering your prayers for rest and strength. I was able to nap today and have good energy this evening. Your faithful prayers mean so much!

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good day and I hope you fill better soon and you looked like you were having fun on the iv pole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home