We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Maybe Going Home....

Ellie's chemo will be done in a couple of hours. One of the drugs is a continual 72 hour drip, and it will be done soon - hooray! I don't like sitting here watching the orange liquid drip into Ellie's body. There is a warning label on the ouside of the bag to let people know not to handle it without protection, as it causes blistering...and it's been dripping into Ellie's arteries for 72 hours! Ugh. Ok, I'm done complaining...just had to get that off my chest.

Overall, I'm pleased at how Ellie has come through this round. She had a good night last night...she didn't need anything extra for pain and nausea, but I have been able to see that the accumulation of the drugs is starting to get to her. There's a constant stomach ache that is very draining - even the steriod isn't giving her as much extra energy as it did before. They say that we will probably be able to go home today. I have mixed feelings about going home. It is always nice for Ellie to be able to relax in the comfort of her own home, but she also has to be able to drink enough water to keep from dehydrating...whereas in the hospital we can rely on the IV fluids. Still - there's no place like home. :-)

There's a verse from a card that one of you sent to us, that is my prayer for Ellie today: "...I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you..." Isaiah 46:4

We will keep you updated on any changes, as they happen. Maybe the next post will be from home! Thanks so much for your love and concern for our little girl. I don't think that she fully understands how many people are praying for her and love her, but we do...and we are forever grateful!

5 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger prairiegal said...

Hi. I'm new. HopiQ is a friend of mine. Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and your family right now. We have six children, girls 14, 11, 9, 7 and 4 and one lonesome boy, 12. Your daughter is precious. May the Lord make His face shine on you today and give you peace.

Donna

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Donna! Your prayers mean so much to us. It sounds like you have a wonderful family...although I must admit, it also sound to me like you have your hands full! :-)

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope ya'll can go home soon, Sarah! Your comment reminded me that my dad's sister's church in CT is praying for Ellie as well. We went there one week over Christmas break and Donna had placed Ellie's name in their prayer list on our family's behalf. I brought a bulletin back for Ellie to show her when I see her next. :) love you!
- Kristen

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger HopiQ said...

Thank you for taking the time to sign my guest book. We (and all the folks at Bear Lake) are praying for Ellie and you all and check your blog every day...often more than once! I'm so glad you don't mind that I put Ellie on my blog. I know of several at the Topeka chapel who are praying for her continually. Even though we only met once (at VBS this summer on water fun day), you all have become so precious.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Kristen...we love you!


Thanks Hope. It's nice to hear from you. Thanks for praying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home