We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Quick Update

We have had a busy several days. We had a really nice time with Grandma Lois - the kids had so much fun getting to know her again.

Ellie goes in to the clinic tomorrow for blood work. She may be able to go in for chemo sometime this week if her counts are high enough. My guess is that it won't be in the next couple of days (judging by her coloring, I think that her hemoglobin may be low...but what do I know? I just like to guess). Ellie does have great energy and a wonderful appetite - the trick is keeping that good energy from burning up all of those good calories. She has finally made it to 47 pounds!

It is very late...ok, very early...so I will keep it short this time. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. Thanks for praying!

4 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
We are back from the frozen Tundra! I miss you, John, Ellie and Ethan so much. I caught up on the blogs and finished off the box of Kleenex that was on my desk. My heart just aches for all of you. I love you all so much and hope that we are able to catch up soon. You are in our prayers always. Please give everyone hugs and kisses from us. Ryan would like to call Ellie again. What would be a good time and day? In the words of my sweet daughter, I love you so much and my whole life.
Tonya

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back, Tonya! I hope you had a great trip home. We love you so much too.

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
We will be praying for Ellie and you during this round that it will go smoothly.
My Mum has been in hospital since last Wednesday. She had a CT scan today and we are thankful that it came back clear. She was released from the hospital tonight so we have just come from leaving her home. We thank the Lord that we are here to be able to help my parents during this time. But then it didn't come as a surprise to Him that we would be on furlough! Take care,
Love & Prayers,
Hazel

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hazel, I'm glad your mother's o.k., and I'm so glad that you could be there with her during this time. God is good...even when we have to face something difficult, like you said, He knows ahead of time and provides a way. Thanks so much for your prayers!
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home