We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Quick Update

Ellie had bloodwork done on Friday and it showed that while her white count was up, the platelets were down. Hemeglobin was hovering in the low-ish numbers. She went to the hospital yesterday for another check, which showed that all of the levels are going up! We were prepared for her to at least need platelets, but they had doubled overnight. Hopefully she will hold her own until the bone marrow aspirations on Tuesday.

This coming week promises to be a busy one. Ellie and Pat are planning a new year's eve party. I have not heard all of the details...but the periodic grins and fits of giggles tell me that there are some fun things in store! Later in the week my Grandma Lois is coming from California for a visit. We're excited to see her!

I hope that you all will have a great new year's eve - I can't believe that 2007 is around the corner! Where does the time go? Don't you ever wish that you had a remote? There are so many moments that I wish I could freeze-frame and watch slowly and savor...and there are just as many these days that I wish I could fast forward. Still, I know that it's important to experience each one to the fullest. Thank you for embarking on this new year with my family - we love having you along for the ride!

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
I am lurker no longer.:) I sure have missed you these past 2 weeks. We should be home tomorrow. Mom and Dad were having trouble with their computer so have not had a chance to check on you all until tonite. Hi to ELlie, John, and Ethan. wonder if he has forgiven Julia yet. :) Love you, Vickie

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vickie...at last! So glad you spoke up :-) I've missed you too. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Love you and can't wait to see you again. (Unfortunately, Ethan has a long memory - I think that he remembers that he's upset with Julia, but has no idea why!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home