We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Sorry that I haven't been posting. I've been miserable with this cold. Thankfully Ellie, while still feeling the effects of this cold, seems to have pretty good energy and not feel too badly. (Loretta has been faithfully keeping Ellie eating and drinking, and despite the virus Ellie has already started gaining weight!) Ethan is still coughing and has some symptoms, but has plenty of energy and seems to be on the mend. John's cold never did develop! I, on the other hand, am not faring so well. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. God has kept me healthy for a whole year - which is a complete miracle. The last time I was sick was last summer after returning from a trip to Panama. I tend to get sick after times of great emotion, and during that trip many emotions and memories from my childhood - particularly of my dad - came flooding back. So... I suppose I should batten down the hatches and prepare myself for a doosey of a virus this time! I have nearly lost my voice. I alternate between a hoarse synthesized voice and a deep, gravely man-voice. This would be funny if I weren't so focused on the elephant that's sitting on my chest and trying to keep my heavy head from falling off my shoulders. I'm done whining for now... I think I'll go lie down...

I hope that you are all having a wonderful Father's Day! I am particularly thankful for the fathers in my life. Stan and Gary have added such dimension to my life in very special ways. I love you both so much! Thank you for being there for me.

9 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

I think you need to go OUTSIDE and sit in the SUN. Love and miss you....lots

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Whatleys' World said...

You are right, it is about time for you to get sick, but no better place to get it than there! :) Hunker down and get some rest as you weather that cold! :) Hugs to you all!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Hooray for weight gain - at least when we are talking Ellie! Sorry you are down for the count but seems that the time in Montana has already done some good. Bless you all - we continue to pray for Ellie and each of you to have the comfort of our Savior. Sounds like time in the sun wouldn't be a bad idea - all that vitamin D and so forth!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger c.g. said...

Sarah,

Years ago Becky gave me a beautiful devotional book. Each page contains a verse, a reading by different Christian authors and beautiful pictures of God's creation.

As I re-read your blog this morning it reminded me of one of those readings "The Perfume of Love".

It tells the story of an old lady who despite living in difficult circumstances reflected a gentle love pouring out to others. The last paragraph reads:

"Wherever she goes, she leaves behind a legacy of hope, of cheer, of good will to those she meets. Through her little life there radiates to all around her the character of Christ, the gentle glory of God."

Here on the pages of your blog radiates the character of Christ.

Through your faith, your sharing of Ellie's story and your appreciation of the loving hands that touch your family's lives there is a Perfume of Love that is touching the hearts of those of us who visit here.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ.." 2Corinthians 14-15.

As my little granddaughter said after coming out of Sunday School class once and asked what the lesson was about, replied "We are suppose to smell pretty like Jesus."

Truly the best perfume one can wear!

It was wonderful to read that Ellie is putting on a bit of weight. It is good for you to have a break from the hospital routine - and to be together as a family again.

"But those who wait on the Lord, shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."

I pray you are soon up and running again and over your illness and able to enjoy the fresh air of Montana.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to hear ellie is gaining weight- answer to prayer! so sorry to hear you are sick you defintley need some rest. moms always take care of everybody else and God gives us the strength to do that but there are times when he says okay you need to take care of yourself. i pray you will start feeling better soon. you have been through so much but it is such a comfort to know that GOD does not gives us more than he knows we cannot handle. love to you all. simons family

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jen Johnson said...

From the Johnson's on Coverdell Rd Bigfork.....you have no idea the effect you had on two grown men a few days ago when Ellie visited my in-laws farm. They were so touched by Ellie, that is all my husband has talked about for the past couple of days. I had to work that day and can't help but feel left out! Our kids, Cody and Bailey have been around cancer almost their whole life as throat cancer has left my dad unable to swallow. He has survived via a stomach tube for the past 5 years. I hope that you completely enjoy Bigfork while you are here and that Ellie gets the rest she so needs to endure any other treatments. Thank you for all the goodies you sent over, Tyler and John are still debating whose house they should reside at. And don't go outside yet, it's pretty chilly, build a fire and have cocoa instead!
Much love and prayers from Tyler, Jenny, Cody, and Bailey Johnson

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Pauleen said...

We will be praying that this is exactly what your family needs - enjoy being in the sun (SON). Thank you for all the updates - you allow for our prayers to be more exact. You have a beautiful family!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO happy to read that you are all together with the assignment of enjoying fresh Montana air and gaining weight.. at least for Ellie! :) May you make many more special memories. Sarah, I was exhausted with you as you reviewed your packing up of all you have at your place to call home in NY. Now with a cold.... hope you can rest VERY well.
I have to say, as it has been WAY to long since I have commented. Sarah, you were stunning for the prom! You are a beautifu woman. Ellie, What a special picture with your Daddy. I bet you felt priceless that night, hugh? So glad you could do that.
Good night and sweet dreams,
Kristina

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Praise the Lord for Ellie's weight gain. You go Loretta! Keep enticing Ellie with your cuisine!

Please say hello to Mike and Reni for me too!

Love and Prayers!
Theresa Gustafson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home