We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Safely in Montana!

We have arrived! It is nice to finally be here after weeks of dreaming and planning. (And truly, the dreaming began long before that.) We are so happy to be here.

But SOOOOO tired! Michael and Kathy and Ethan came to NY on Thursday. It was wonderful to see them and love all over Ethan again, but then we had to start packing and preparing to leave. In the midst of that chaos, Ethan came down with a bad cold. We are hoping that Ellie doesn't come down with it. Michael and Kathy are back in Florida and now they have it so, time will tell... I keep thinking I'm coming down with it, but so far nothing has happened. I'm exhausted from all of the packing and traveling. It was really hard to pack up months worth of stuff in the Ronald McDonald room to send to storage, and then figure out what we would need for a whole month in Montana. I love to unpack, but I'm terrible at packing. (There were a couple of times when I would have liked to send and S.O.S. out to my mom!) We had to be at the airport at 5:00 a.m. yesterday (after getting very little sleep the night before - John never even went to bed). I was dreading the trip with Ellie and a sick Ethan but I was pleasantly surprised. The kids mostly slept on the first flight, which was the longest leg. There was enough time at our layover in Salt Lake City to change the kids (they were still in P.J.s) and eat some lunch and then it was a short hop to Kalispell, MT. All in all, it was rather painless.

We had a good night sleep on VERY comfy beds (such a luxury) and are enjoying the gorgeous views and fresh air. The views from this house are unbelievable. And the best part is that I can see all of the nature from indoors without actually getting any of it on me. I know, I'm such a princess. (You may stop laughing now, Tricia.) Hey, I might actually step out onto the veranda and feel the wind on my face from time to time. Seriously though, it is beautiful enough and the weather is so mild and nice that I really am loving it. And I'm sure the kids will drag me out a time or two for a hike... I'll make sure to take picture so I can prove it to you IF it happens!

Thanks so much for all of your prayers. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Now that we are out of the frantic pace I hope to post more often. I hope that you are all having a great Tuesday. We sure are!

8 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Mollie said...

I'm so glad you have arrived out West. Enjoy some beautiful time with your family, and of course the creation and the Creator!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger aliann said...

Praying for your trip to be refreshing, relaxing, and rejuvinating, and for the Lord to protect Ellie from the cold that's going around.
So glad you all are able to do this. And I completely understand the whole wanting to see nature without getting it on you thing. I'd feel exactly the same way! I would think there would be fewer bugs out there, at least.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

So happy to hear you arrived safely... feel better Ethan!

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are in Montana, We will be praying for no colds and nothing but building up physically, mentally and spiritually while you are there. We know you guys are in good hands in Montana looking forward to pictures of you Sarah meeting the real nature up close. Sarah just keep telling yourself you are not getting a cold and that it is only allergies. We will pray that is the case. love you guys

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you are there and safe. we pray for a wonderfdul month of rest and relaxation and of course fun!will be praying each and every day. have a great time. love simons family

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!! From MK jungle girl to 5 star hotel, right? That's how I am!! Don't know how I survived the amazon, that's for sure!!! Praying for Ethan to feel better soon and that none of you will catch it!!! Have a wonderful, relaxing time...praying for Ellie to gain strength and weight while you're there!! Les

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

How funny! I was chucklling when I read that! I'm so happy you are all getting a break....enjoy. Love you!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
As always my prayers are with you and a quick recovery for all. I feel sooooo blessed to get to witness Ethan back in your loving arms. Michael and I were so HAPPY to see you all again. The "girl time" Ellie and I had was THE BEST. Lots of love and hugs. P.S. Enjoy your retreat out in God's Country (even if you don't want to get any of it on you!!! :))xxxxoooo Love, Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home