We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Ethan-isms

We've been able to talk with Ethan several times on the phone since being here, and Ethan is handling it much better than he used to. He's not as sad. I thought you'd like to listen in on a few of the conversations.

The first time John talked to Ethan since coming back to NY this time:
Ethan: "Daddy, When I heard your voice talking to Papi, I thought I was going to cry, but I didn't."


Ethan: "When I see you again Daddy, will you give me 5 hugs, or 10 or 15?"
John: "15 hugs. Or how about I just hold you and snuggle you for a really long time?"
Ethan: "Yes!"

Ethan: "Mom, do you know where the great white shark is? The one I used to play with in the bathtub before Ellie got sick?"

Ethan: "We're going to get to go to Sea World!"
Me: "That sounds good, buddy. That's going to be so fun!"
Ethan: "Can our whole family go to Sea World all together when the little peanut is better?"

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Awwww... so sweet! "The little peanut"!!! I'm so happy that Ethan is doing well...

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is just so cute!!! it so precious to see the love and compassion he has for his sister and his family. he is in our prayers as well. love simons family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home