We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back In NY

Hi everyone! We are back at the Ronald McDonald House again. Monday was a full (but fun) day of travel... details and pictures to come... and Tuesday was a full day at the hospital. We are still trying to settle back in so it's been very busy.

We arrived at the hospital first thing in the morning so that Ellie could get an IV, since she no longer has a central line. So far Ellie has had CT scans (she had to drink some contrast before the scans) and later received the radioactive injection for the next day's MIBG scan. In the afternoon Ellie was given her bi-monthly medication to keep her from getting a specific type of pneumonia. Unfortunately, this time Ellie reacted to the medication and was nauseous and itchy. After a dose of benedryl, she fell asleep until the antibiotic was finished. 11 hours after leaving the house, we returned. Long day...

It is now very early Wednesday morning. After all too few hours of sleep we will go back to the hospital for more tests. The MIBG scan is first, followed by bone marrow biopsies - four of them - two in the back pelvic bones and two in the front. Hopefully we will be home not too much past lunch time for some rest. Thankfully Ellie usually recovers quite quickly from the bone marrows. She will be the most sore tomorrow, and then it gets much better each following day. We are hoping that Thursday and Friday as well as the weekend will be not terribly busy. We shall see...

I need to get to bed, but just wanted to get out a quick update. I'll provide more details and pictures later. Thanks again for all of the love and prayers. We need them so much!

4 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger c.g. said...

Sarah,

Thankful for your safe trip back and praying for Ellie as she goes through these tests.

Also for you as you care for her.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:27-29

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are so glad you are back safe. we are happy that you were able to spend a week at home with your all your family and friends. always in our prayers. love simons family

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Dear John, Sarah, Ellie and all,

I rejoice with you that the burdens of last month have been lightened.

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, (Psalm 92:1-2)

Agapé

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ellie,
I hope you remember me when I visited Florida 2 years ago. We played barbies and watched Mulan. I felt sad when my mom told me you were sick. I look at the blog that your mom writes on alot. I saw the little video of you and your brother. I loved it. He was so cute. I'm learning to draw horses. Maybe I can send you a picture. My Aunt Noelle has your address. We pray for you and I hope you feel better.
"Wait on the lord, be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart." Psalm 27:14

Love, Kellie Dunham
(Martin & Carrie Dunham)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home