We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Shameless Bragging

Well, lest you think that I've done nothing on my many days of rest, I thought I'd prove that I've been a busy bee... at least part of the time. When we were still in NY I was looking for head scarves for Ellie. Her winter hats are too hot, but Ellie still likes to cover her head in public. So... I went off in search of some cute and cool little head scarves - preferably fitted. I finally found a gorgeous one - silk and perfectly tucked in all the right places. It was $48 for ONE scarf! (Even if I could have found a way to justify spending that - and I couldn't - there's no way that an 8 year old can be trusted that much.) I continued my search to no avail. I finally found some inexpensive cotton handkerchiefs at a little store in the mall. So, for the last few days I've been sewing head scarves for Ellie. I got four different colors and I only needed half of one to make the scarf. All that extra fabric... what's a girl to do? I get bored easily, so making four identical scarves was just out of the question. (It becomes like doing housework - my feeling on that is that if I've done it once I should never have to do it again. Been there, done that!) I just finished that last one this morning and ironed them all up. Then I made Ellie try them all on and do a little photo shoot. I thought you might like to see the results. (Thank you Reni for the work you did putting the pictures into such pretty collages!) I'm so pleased with how they turned out, and Ellie looks like such a model. She makes bald look stylish! (Actually, she's starting to get some hair - I'll get a picture of that soon and show you. It's so exciting!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

22 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those are adorable!
I love them!

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Ellie, you look gorgeous darling!

Uncle Nick and Aunt Celena

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah the scarves are adorable, Ellie looks really adorable in them. Montana is doing her well the pictures are great.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Tres chic! Ellie you look Mahlvelous! Sarah is too clever for words - Montana must have a special something in the air. Bless you!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Those turned out so well and she looks gorgeous.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow: you are amazing with a needle and thread. Ellie looks wonderful! Janet

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How elegant Ellie looks in her designer scarves! It does my heart good to see your beautiful family together sharing precious family time in such an amazing place. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the pictures. We love you all,
The Garcias in Paradise

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

How cute! The scarves & Ellie of course. :)

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Gerry said...

I felt like I was looking at a Paris fashion magazine: couture scarf and beautiful model! Sarah - those are amazing!! Ellie, you look so happy and lovely. Montana certainly agrees with you all.
Gerry (the lady from American Girl!)

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those are amazing! Ellie looks so beautiful!

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is Ellie?!? Those scarves are SO pretty! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying your time in Montana:) Love, Beth Horn

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie looks BEAUTIFUL! amazing handiwork, Sarah as usual; great photos, I love them! She looks stunning :)
-Kristen

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Pauleen said...

Brag away - you have every reason to be proud! Ellie looks great - you are incredibly creative Sarah.
Montana suits you all well.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Wow! Those are lovely! You are an amazing seamstress on top of everything! :) You really have a lovely girl there, too.

God bless,
Sheila

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie is beautiful! Sarah, I'm so impressed!!

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see 'scarf making' in your future, along with several published books, and a guide in 'surviving the Montana wild'...
Ellie, you look like a super model! Those poses are perfect!!! How fun!!!! Thinking and praying for you all! Les

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful model Ellie is. Every picture is gorgeous. Sarah you are so extremely talented, brilliant and artistic. My favorite picture is the white scarf bottom right. She looks like she has changed since we were in NYC (maybe the extra pounds) she is glowing. I love you all so very much,
Aunt Kathy xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

PS Sarah you actually got some outdoors on you!!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these!!! Ellie, you are so beautiful. Your face is beautiful, but so is what shines out from the inside... your eyes just sparkle. How amazing!
Sarah, I am very impressed. These scarves are adorable.
Thank you for the bee story... oh my word!
-Kristina

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Sooo cute! You did a nice job. I love the top left white scarf picture. I really see John in her in the shots where she is laughing. I hope your time in Montana is fun and remember your root- bathing in the river in Pucuro- a walk outdoor? Piece of cake! Love you.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger c.g. said...

Sarah,

These are amazing. Ellie looks so beautiful.

You are very talented!

You are not only a gifted writer but a wonderful designer and seamtress.

Proverbs 31:

She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I LOVE the scarves. Hooray for you!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

I LOVE those scarves! I think they'd be fun to wear even if one wasn't bald. You should sell them on ebay! At $48 a piece, you could make a handsome profit.

Love you, and praying for you, Doug and Melody Corley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home