We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Ellie's Memorial Service!

Our friend, Trent Tuggle, has spent hours and hours editing and putting together a video of the Florida memorial service! Not only do we have a beautiful DVD to watch and share, but he has made it possible for all of you to see it through the internet. Thank you so much, Trent, for all of your hard work!

You can watch the video below, or you can go to Google Video and search for "Ellie Skees" or I can email you a link, if you need that! If you access it through Google Video, you can get it larger (full screen if you want). Also, a possible note of interest for those who were at the service: the slideshow at the service was very hard to see, but Trent was able to splice in the actual slide show - so you can get a much clearer view by watching the video than you had in person!

One final thing for those of you who know Tania, Tamra and Jessica Rich... the man playing the piano while Jessi sings is Tania's husband, Josh Julin. Also, I am so sad to have to tell you that Tania lost her baby a few days after the memorial service. She had a very rough several days, both physically and emotionally, but as of today she says that she's feeling a bit better. There will be some sad times ahead for Tania, Josh, and the girls, so I would so appreciate your prayers for their family! Thanks.



As you may have discovered, I took the playlist off of the blog. For those of you who are part of "Facebook", I now have an account, and have added that playlist on it. Just search for "Sarah Skees" and you'll find it. I will try to find another way to connect you to those songs as well, but I'm not sure how yet.

13 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Melissa G said...

Wow, that was amazing. God was glorified as well as Ellie remembered. Ellie's life has touched so many people!
Thank you for sharing this with us.
God bless.

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful!!
Thank you for sharing everything you hold dear; especially letting us love and mourn Ellie.
Gerry

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing that! I wanted to be there so bad. What a beautiful way to celebrate Ellie's life. What an amazing testimony of the Lord. You and John have been on my heart a lot lately. I love you!

love, heather

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was adding a link to you blog from my new one (tried many kinds and found one i like - not ready yet). I came here today (Jan 28) and saw the new photo of Ellie on top, your new one, the other blog, and then the post! WOW, it's great to 'see' you! I know you'll have your times, I cannot imagine. Just know I'm praying for you and your family and now for Tania's too.
Love and Blessings,
Jackie, missionary in Guatemala
(Chad and us have a church in Jax in common) - small world :)

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Wow! That was beautiful. Thank you for letting us that couldn't be there "be there". Please tell Aunt Nancy that she did a superb job and I am so proud of her. Love to you guys.

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...how very beautiful. Words escape me...but, pass the kleenex. Thank you so much for sharing. You are a great witness. Oh if all children could be loved the way Ellie was loved. And if everyone had your faith. We met Stan and Pat this weekend with Rich & Mel. What a blessed family. Prayers are with you as you continue to heal and grow. Thanks for sharing yourselves through this blog.
Very sincerely,
Donna (Miller) Stolle

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Thank you so much for sharing that video!! What a beautiful service and hearing your mother's reflection on Ellie was such a blessing. And the dancer in me delighted at both dances... so beautiful!! And so touching! Thank you!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer Williams said...

I remember meeting Ellie and you when Ellie was a newborn. Melanie Parker was trying to get you to join Beauti Control. You brought your tiny baby to the meeting at the NTM Latham Center :-)

I didn't know about your journey until after Ellie had gone to heaven. So I went to back to the beginning of your blog and read it through. I cried and cried. My children would ask why I was crying when I didn't know you.

God is so glorified in your life. Your love of your children and family so evident. And the many times that you shared something funny in the midst of it all just really touched me.

Through your blog: I have been challenged to be a better wife and mother. To love God without fear. To raise children that love God and others and to be kind.

Thank you so much for your life. Please know that since knowing of Ellie's homecoming, we have prayed many times through out the day for Ethan, John and you!

Jennifer Tallman Williams

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

What a gift that was to all of us who could not join you!! Please tell Trent what a tremendous job he did and how this blessed So many!! Thank you for sharing your precious Ellie and allowing us to pray on your behalf.

In our hearts and prayers,
The Haviland's

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

What a beautiful service and a lovely way to honor such a special girl!
I went through so many tissues!

Lots of Love,
The Pflug's

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Mollie said...

Wow, thank you for sharing. The dancing, the music, the memories --to God be the glory.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, sarah!!!! how awesome:) i loved being able to see ellie's service. what a treat in so many ways.

you know what's kind of funny?? i always thought ellie was SO gorgeous anyway....but now seeing her with hair! wow! hehe:) i still love her little bald head though:)))))

thanks again for letting everyone see this wonderful celebration. and the ballerinas were icing on the cake!

love to you,
jeni

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Janie said...

My friend sent me your blog address and I am so thankful to know you through it. I ache for you and your family and I pray for your strength in the power of His (our Lord) might as you go on without your darling girl. Know that her life and yours will continue to be an inspiration to others.
You don't know me, but I am from Orlando also and have visited your state of Montana three fun times. Somehow a connection seems to make a stranger's prayers more dear.
Much Love in Christ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home