We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sleepless in Orlando...

Thank you all for the sweet comments!  I'm glad you enjoyed our little surprise renovation of the blog.  It just seemed right to have some newness for Ellie's "new day".  

I have found it hard to get to sleep tonight (or this morning,  I should say) so I decided to get up and try to express what is on my heart.  I don't think that I will have another chance to get on the blog before we get back to Montana on the 24th. so I wanted to give you an overview of the service while it is fresh on my mind.  As a side note for those of you who are wondering, I will leave the music on the blog until we get back to MT in order to give everyone a chance to experience the "blog memorial" but then I will take the music off.)

The service yesterday was wonderful.  Mom and I were talking about how it's kind of hard to say that you "enjoyed" a memorial service, but that's really how it felt.  We were emotional at times, of course, but there was mostly just an overwhelming sense of joy in Ellie's life and peace that she is with Jesus now.

Mom shared a compilation of memories and thoughts that she had gleaned from friends and family.  It gave such a beautiful picture of who Ellie was, with all of her sweet and funny ways.  It was so special to me that Ellie's "Gramma Gramma" was the one to speak of her life.   Mom's courage in standing up to speak of Ellie while her own heart was breaking, was amazing.

Then Jessica Rich sang.  Jessica's dad (Mark) was kidnapped with my dad and another co-worker, Rick, 15 years ago in Panama.  Rick's wife, Patti (who is now re-married) along with their daughter, Dora (who is now married - which makes me feel so old!) came to the service from Missouri.  I was just so touched that they would come and spend this special time with us!  Jessica's sister, Tamra, and their mom, Tania were there - along with Tania's new husband, Josh.  (Josh played the piano for Jess while she sang.)  Another special blessing of the day was to see a newly pregnant Tania!!  I held Jessica when she was just a baby, and over the years I would sing to her and Tamra.  Then when I had Ellie, Jessica would sing to her - sometimes the same songs that I had sung Jess to sleep with.  Jessica sang "The Fight of the Dancer," a song that she had written just after Ellie died!   I will try to find a way to share it with you... I cannot even tell you what a touching tribute that was.

Next, Larry Brown spoke.  It has meant so much to us that Larry would do, not one, but TWO memorial services for Ellie!  Larry has an ability to share the Word of God with such wisdom, and he just talks as if we were sitting down at his table with a cup of coffee - all 500 of us.  (Yes, there were 500 people there!)  Larry was able to encourage our hearts with the fact that we can simply rely on the character of God.

As the Celtic Woman version of the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" began playing, Lauren and Lindsay Bell performed a glorious ballet dance in honor of Ellie.  John and I used to babysit those girls (along with their brother) back when they were small... before we ever had children.  Over the last three years, Ellie and her "Bubbie" (Pat) had the tradition of watching them perform "The Nutcracker" at Christmastime.  It was their performance that we attended back when Ellie was just getting over the chickenpox.  Ellie loved waiting to hug the girls after the ballet ended as much as she enjoyed watching them dance!  So you can imagine how special it was for us to watch their beautiful dance, set to one of Ellie's favorite songs - a song that held so many memories for me.

We then watched a slideshow of pictures (similar to the one I posted on the blog) set to the version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that I posted and Twila Paris' "Do I Trust You" medley.  That was the point in the service that everyone who hadn't already been crying, lost it.

Cindy Acosta and Stephanie Cline came forward and danced next, to the Celine Dion song "A New Day Has Come".  Not only did they give a beautiful and moving performance that expressed the song so perfectly, but I was particularly moved because they were Ellie's ballet teachers.  Ellie took ballet for only one short school year, but it was the highlight of her young life!  You all know how much Ellie loved to dance.  Those two sweet ladies helped to cultivate that love in Ellie's heart, and she loved them.

Larry once again stood up to speak.  The first thing that he said was "Ellie would not be happy with us if we didn't clap for those dancers!"  And so everyone was able to clap their hearts out as they had been wanting to do, but afraid that they shouldn't.  He was so right - Ellie would have wanted to kick our butts!  After the laughing and clapping was over, Larry read Scripture and presented the Gospel - the Gospel that Ellie believed with all of her heart, and the very reason that she is enjoying Jesus in Heaven right now.

Just before the service came to an end, we did the same thing that we did in Montana.  We had the song "We Will Glorify" by Twila Paris play as the lights went out.  In Montana we used candles, but here we used tiny flashlights to shine as the music played.  This was something very personal to me.  Looking back 15 months to when Ellie was diagnosed with cancer, the first couple of weeks are such a blur in my memory.  But I remember that the grace of God covered me like a blanket when I had no strength of my own.  And I remember that I didn't pray that Ellie would be healed.  I wanted her to be, but somehow I knew without asking that this journey would be about suffering, and that if Ellie was to be healed on this Earth that it would not be soon.  I knew that there would be a long road ahead.  I don't know why I knew that... I just knew.  So in those early days and weeks, the only prayer that would come out of my heart was "please, God, please - take glory for Yourself through this..."  It was the only prayer that my heart knew how to form.  And so, in both of Ellie's memorial services, I turned around to look at the little lights shining all over the room.  That light was, to me, the reflected glory of God Himself - shining from the people who loved my little girl.  The people who were touched by Ellie's light, which was not her light at all, but the incredible light of her Maker and Savior.  I'm crying as I type this, because God answered my prayer.  You see, with all due respect to my precious Ellie, she was just an ordinary little girl - just like every other child in the world.  Yes, she was special - but no more and no less than every other child... your children... your grandchildren...  We are ordinary parents.  We don't love our children any more than you love yours.  We did not handle this situation any better than any other parent going through such a horrible situation.  We simply have an unbelievably powerful God.  That one fact has made all of the difference in our lives, and in Ellie's life most of all.  The little lights sparkled around the room as the song played... "... we will glorify the King of kings, we will glorify the Lord.  We will glorify the Lord of lords, who is the great I AM."

That is the only purpose this life has for me.  It is the only reason that I will get out of bed every day.  It is the only reason that I will survive the crushing pain that wants to sit on my chest when I realize that my daughter will never put her arms around my neck again.  Contrary to popular opinion, I am not strong.  I am the weakest human being that you will ever meet.  But I have a God who carries me when I cannot walk.  I only appear strong because I haven't been able to walk for a very long time.  And the only encouragement that I have for you is to stop trying so hard to walk on your own, when you and God both know that you can't.

Well,  I suppose that I can sleep now.  You must know by now that this blog has been as much a blessing to me as it has been to you.  I'm sure there would have been many sleepless nights for me had I not been able to pour my heart out to you all.  I won't stop, but it may be a bit patchy at times.  There are two reasons that I don't post - one is when I am insanely busy, and the other is when I am going through a really hard time.  I always have to wait until I can sort out my thoughts a bit before I can write.  But rest assured, I always come back.  The next week or so will be busy, so I don't plan to write for a bit due to that.  But if I can't sleep again, I'll be back sooner!  Once again, I must thank you for your faithfulness in praying for our family.  You are such a blessing to us, and we love you all.

36 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, Sarah, and Ethan,

I have followed your journey over the past year and a half very closely. Keith and I were in Bible School with
John and during your dad's time of captivity, you were very close to our hearts. Then when we found out about
Ellie, we were in training in MO and have since then made it to the field. (just a brief history for you).

You have inspired us with your honesty of hurt, heartache, and hope over the past year. We have children very
close to the same age as Ellie was and that made it a very real hurt and heartache in our lives as we lived every
moment with you from afar. I had a bunch of people praying and my mom followed your lives as closely as I did.
I have never posted on your blog because I never had a clue what to say to someone who is dealing with life like
you are? All I could ever do was cry with you, rejoice with you, hurt with you, and pray for you. And believe me,
I did all that. You were always so candid and so honest and that was such a neat
thing to be a part of. I have cried many tears as I followed your blog and hurt for you as you hurt. Honestly, today
when I got on the the blog site, it was hard for me to pull it up and and see that it
had changed. It hurt to know that Ellie's fight is over here on earth, that your lives have a huge, gaping hole that
will never be filled, but will just diminish over time. And yet, that photo of Ellie is beautiful!!! What a beautiful
reminder of special, happy, sunshine filled Ellie. I especially love the snow angel and that is how I will remember
Ellie.

I just want you to know that Ellie's life and your lives have inspired and encouraged us and we strive to live each
day in light of eternity. We have kept our kids completely involved in Ellie's life and so she has challenged us to
live life with meaning as a family. We continue to pray for you and rejoice as you move through your grieving
process. I am still crying with you as you share what you and John are feeling and I thank you for making us
aware of the many who are walking around wounded though we may never know who they are.

You have been an encouragment and challenge in my Christian life and I pray that God will continue to lift you
up on eagle's wings when you cannot run another step. Keep holding on for dear life.

Your sister in Christ,

Angela Duncan

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you once again for your honesty and sharing all about the service with us. Praise God for His continued comfort in your hearts and lives. We will continue to pray for you all, especially as life starts to slow down and you have 'alone' moments.

 
At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

As tearfully I read your blog a song kept going through my mind -

Majesty, worship his majesty,
Unto Jesus be all glory, honor, and praise.
Majesty, kingdom authority flow from his throne unto his own;
His anthem raise.

So exalt, lift up on high the name of Jesus,
Magnify, come glorify Christ Jesus the King.
Majesty, worship his majesty;
Jesus who died, now glorified, King of all Kings.


It is such a powerful song and I thought the words so meaningful to how Ellie's life and your sharing both the joys and heartbreaking struggles have put these beautiful words into practice:

"Unto Jesus be all glory, honor, and praise."

I have a well worn copy of Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest" and the first devotional reads in part:

_______________

"My eager desire and hope being that I may never feel ashamed, but that now as ever I may do honour to Christ in my own person by fearless courage." - Phip 1:20 (Moffat)

My Utmost for His Highest.

"My eager desire and hope being that I may never feel ashamed." Paul says - "My determination is to be my utmost for His Highest." To get there is a question of will, an absolute and irrevocable surrender on that point.

________

You have chosen to take a parent's worst nightmare and use it for the honor and glory of our precious Lord. By doing so, many many lives and hearts have been touched
so deeply and Ellie's 'little light' continues to shine.

You have given your utmost for His Highest and the Lord has been glorifed.

It is our duty now to hold the ropes of prayer for you, John, Ethan and your families.

May you continue to feel the comfort of those prayers and the love that comes from the hearts of those who pray and care for you.

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." - Romans 15:13

much love to you, Sarah.

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Often as I have read your blog and shared in your sorrows and laughed at your joy I have remembered that no matter what God is still God. You and Ellie have placed in my heart and spirit a renewal of the eternity of God if that makes sense. He is eternal and because of that true fact our hope in Him is eternal. I cry with you as you share about the memorials and smile and laugh at what an amazing child you ahve that touched so many lives in some way. To you Sarah I say dance today and everyday in the way you and your family live your lives because in so doing Ellie continues to dance here on earth as she dances in Heaven. Love lifted me as the old song says, so my the love of God and Hid Son continue to lift you and your family. Please let your Mom know as a grandmother I rejoice with her as she shared about her granddaughter.
I am so glad my daughter-in-law Laura Tyler who is in training now at New Tribes in Missouri asked me to pray for all of you and in so doing allowed me to witness the awesomeness of God. Be blessed and my you have restful peaceful nights of sleep. Love Mema T in SC

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you Sarah. What a wonderful testiment of faith you have. Thank you for being able to share your inner most thoughts. As we all try to be a blessing and a comfort to you, you in turn end up being the very same thing to all of us. May God bless you and comfort you.God Is Love! Love Simons family

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger the troyers said...

John, Sara

I am sorry that I am just now writing you...I have been praying for you Ellie for sometime now and I am encourged that God ansewers prayers in everyway. Love you guys and wish I could of made it to flordia for the reception. My heart goes out to your family and will be in my prayers.
God be with you all!!!
Clint & Keisa Troyer

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger the troyers said...

John and Sara,
I just wanted to write and tell you that you both are on my heart and in my prayers. I wish that I could of made it to the florida reception but could get away from work. I love you guys and am encourged by your understanding of God's will and His Grace...love you guys and will always be in our prayers.
In His Name...
Clint & Keisa Troyer

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger pk said...

And we so love you and yours. pk

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Sarah,

You may not be strong but you sure are showing us who Jesus is.

Truly, God has been glorified over and over again.

Looking forward to seeing you soon, Love, Sheri

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,

Once again I sit in tears reading your post. I'm reminded indeed what a GREAT God we serve. I so appreciate your willingness to share your heart with us most of whom are strangers on this earth.

You are right, Sarah, we are not strong, but it is He who gives us this amazing strength to live each day. He is truly an amazing God, and although you do not feel strong, you have been usable for God to show His strength, and what an awesome testimony that is to all of us.

Like someone else commented, I am so thankful that my niece and nephew who are training at New Tribes in MO chose to share Ellie's blog with us so many months ago for I feel blessed and privileged to have been able to share in this incredible journey with you. Although we may never meet this side of Heaven, I pray we've been able to share in the carrying of this burden. I pray that Jesus will walk each step of each and every day with you, John, and precious Ethan. And that when you cry, you will know He cares and you may feel that sweet memory of Ellie's arms around your neck, when you laugh and rejoice, may you know He rejoices with you and may you feel the warmth of Ellie's laughter fill your heart.

We will strive to continue to live each day on earth to the fullest like your sweet Ellie did until the day Christ calls us each home.

Praying in Michigan!

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog by accident, I am a mother in England (my son is 11)
What an amazing story and what is even more amazing is your faith and belief.
I loved the photos of Ellie, what a cute little girl!
God bless you all and I hope 2008 is a good year for you all.
Kate
UK

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Dear John and Sarah,

Thank you for the postings of the last few days.

I just watched "Finding Forrester." The character, Jamal, particularly in what he meant to Forrester, reminds me of your daughter. Ellie's favorite version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" playing during the closing credits was only poetic.

As the man said, it's the life in your years that count.

Agapé

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Kritter Krit said...

I'm going to try to figure out how to type by feel, because I can't see the stinking screen at ALL right now.

Oh my gosh, just READING your account of the memorial ceremony took my breath away. I can only imagine how beautiful and moving it was in person.

I'm sure it's taking all you have in you right now just to get through your day. Missing someone you love is so exhausting, even when it's coupled with the joy of knowing that person is with Jesus. It still makes you feel raw and exposed, like life is going on around you, without you. I imagine the normal, mundane parts of the day have to feel almost surreal to you guys right now.

I'm praying for you so often. For whatever reason, I haven't been sleeping the greatest either lately. When I wake up, God has been immediately placing thoughts of Ellie on my heart, and I've been praying for you and your family until I fall back asleep.

You say you're not strong. But you have to know the strength of your faith and the conviction behind your words as you share your story is incredible. Amazing. Such a blessing and encouragement to others, as well as a very powerful testimony to God's love, mercy, and grace. You are witnessing to others every single time you sit down at the keyboard.

I pray the loving arms of our Father continue to hold you close, giving you the peace, comfort and encouragement that you need, just when you need it.

In His Name.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Wow, you all continue to bless me! I wish I could have been one of the 500!

It is amazing to me to see that someone wrote a song just after Ellie died, because I am currently composing something (though most likely just instrumental) in memory of your dear little girl. It started when I wrote out her tribute (http://christsinstrument.blogspot.com/2008/01/ellie-tribute.html), and I just felt I needed to. It may be a little while before I finish it, but know that it is being composed, is composed to comemorate the glory that God brought through this sitiation!

God bless,
Sheila

 
At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is probably the best entry yet sarah. i am constantly amazed at your ability to be so honest. i miss you, john and ethan-buddy and can't wait to see you here in montana.

love, Lauren

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Again you get me - I think - well I"m about cried out but then it overwhelms me how the love of our Savior just pours out through the story of a sweet family. You are so very honest - and give credit to others so freely that it blesses us all. Those wee hours when you can't sleep are the same ones when I'd awaken and pray for Ellie - maybe that is the time when the veil of heaven is the thinnest and we are drawn closer. Thank you thank you for letting me get to know you - I will have a picture of me in an aqua shirt holding MY Ellie (the 4 legged one) and I'll email it or post it on my blog and let you know. Rest when you can, let us hear from you when the spirit moves you.

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing. My little girls have prayed and hoped so much for you. Though they never met Ellie- they grieve, too. May God continue to bless you for your faithfulness and honesty. You have been such an inspiration.
Thank you
Cortez family

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your post - what an incredible testimony to the incredible grace of God. I want you to know my family and I are praying for you and your whole family. I have followed your story since your dad was taken captive many years ago. Then I had the incredible privilege to meet Chad and Janeen when they were in training in MS. So in some small way, even though I've never met you all nor your precious Ellie, I feel like I know you a little bit. You are a very special family to our family. Just please know we are praying for you.

Kimbra Reece for the Reeces

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sarah,

You continue to bless our hearts with your honesty.

I have shared your story with my girls, and they prayed faithfully for Ellie, every night. We talked about what God's plan might be, and how Ellie knew Jesus and that she would be going to heaven. They were sad when Ellie died, but as my 5 year old Sarah said, "she gets to be with her grandpa she never knew." They were happy about that!

I thank you for allowing others to participate in her life and her new LIFE.

We continue to uphold you in prayer!

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Okay... I really have nothing else to say but THANK YOU and WOW! Our God is absolutely marvelous. He has been made great through your pain and sorrow. Your life is strong, palatable evidence of God's presence, goodness and much more. May He continue to cover you with that blanket of grace that you will need as the months go on. Will you please publish your blog one day? You don't need to add anything to publish your first book.... just publish your blog! Your candidness and vulnerability have taught me many things and challeneged my way of life greatly. Please that know that God HAS BEEN MADE GREAT in your weakness just as you were expressing. It is all about HIM and oh, I just wish the world would taste and see of HIS goodness. I see you writing many books and I think you've already written your first. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for every entry and pain that you have so graciously shared with us. Alexa and I are richer for having lived this year plus some with the story of the Skees in our lives. I hope to meet you in person one day.
We considered traveling to FL for the memorial and could not so are extremely grateful for how you involved all of us that couldn't be there in person.
It is snowing outside.. (here in Atlanta???. As fresh snow builds on the surfaces of everything, it makes me think of the fresh beginning to an eternity of absolute bliss and wonder that Ellie got a headstart on before any of us. :)
God pour out his goodness and grace on you three today, Sarah!
Love,
Kristina

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, Sarah & Ellie,
Although there were 500 at the memorial I think that 1000's of others were there in spirit as we were! Yes, Ellie was just a little girl and you are just another family suffering the burden of this profound event in your lives but you have all given the world so much through your story. Your story is a reminder of the joys, blessings, and challenges of family when there is so much in the world to distract from our basic need to have that loving support. Thank you for sharing and helping us all in our healing process.
Much Love, The Garcias in Paradise

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Daughter Tami alerted me that you had a wonderful new update! You're writings are a blessing. Glad to hear about your mom, Nancy's, sharing of Ellie. I remember how excited she was with her darling granddaughter's birth and I believe she lived very close to you then. She is much in my thoughts too..and prayers. I am thankful that you have had this time with family and friends. Just know that many here are praying for you all...you, John, Ethan, Nancy, Chad and extended family and friends. Praying fro you as you travel and go back home.

And thinking of what you said about just "knowing" and wanting
God to be glorified. God has a way of preparing us. Such an awesome God who loves each of us and cares for us.

I love your new blog picture of Ellie! Thank you for blessing us.

In HIs love,
Judy for Toresons

od to be glorifed...

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just spent 30 min or more reading through parts of your blog. I don't know you or your famlily and it was completely an act of God's doing that I stumbled across your site. I was actually looking for another website and ended up at tuggle.org another ladies blog. She has a line about attending Ellie's memorial service and it caugh my eye. I read your heart wrenching story and wept. Your family and daughter's life is such an inspiration to embracing the place God has you and openly facing both life and death with all honesty and sincerity. Thank you for sharing these most intimate struggles. May the God of peace, who is close to the broken hearted continue to lift your spirits as you rely on his loving soverignty.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Sarah and Family-
I haven't known what to say. I cry evertime I go here lately. I guess I have to say what I said on another frineds blog. I hope that one day God is over the rainbow way up high.
Lots of love and support.
Jenn

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skees family, every time I get on the computer, I come here to watch that slide show, and to listen to those songs. And every time I am brought to tears, of amazement of who this girl was. Just listening to those songs makes me think of Ellie,and how beautiful and full of love and laughter she was, and still is, in heaven. I never met Ellie, but I have been following the blog since the beginning. I have grown to love Ellie, and thought about her every day. I prayed constantly. You have no idea what kind of blessing Ellie's story has been to me. And now i know she is having the greatest time in heaven, walking hand in hand with our King! Dancing and singing, loving and laughing. Even while we grieve here on earth, she is filled with only joy, and her pain is gone. It is an amazing thought!

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I could not make it to either service, and so you have no idea how much this meant to me, hearing the songs that so exactly expressed Ellie, and seeing those pictures. I never met your family, but somehow I KNEW you all. This blog was such a beautiful way to share this journey, and I just wanted to thank you for being so wonderfully honest the entire time, and letting us know exactly what was going on, both physically and emotionally. We know how hard it must have been to tell us exactly what was going on, but we love that you did. This blog has been a blessing to us all, so, THANK YOU!
Ellie is dancing with Jesus, holding his hand and walking down streets of gold, and singing and dancing eternally.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will always be a family of four, and millions more, as you have entered the hearts of so many who were enchanted by Ellie, and who visit here to remember her. Ellie's flight was too too brief, but her light is eternal.

The Whitakers.

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalms 42:8

The LORD will command His loving kindness in the daytime; And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life.

Isaiah 38:17

Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

Psalms 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 5:4

I will not leave you comfort less: I will come to you.

John 14:18

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 16:33

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalms 9:9-10

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.

Romans 12:12

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Mollie said...

I guess we will never know this side of heaven how much impact Ellie's little life had - but just like when you throw a pebble in a lake, there are ripples spread far and wide. Thank you again for sharing; praying God's sufficient grace for your family.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Skees from -17 degrees in Bigfork!!! BRRRRRRR!!!!!! Better leave your shorts (skirts, Sarah!)in your luggage! Miss you guys so much and can't wait for you to return home. You are never far from our thoughts and always in our prayers. Praying for safe travels on Thursday.
Jen

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Hi John, Sarah, Ethan and Loretta,

Thanks for the "Night At The Museum" movie tip. Several scenes, such as those with the monkey ripping up the manual, Attila the Hun in ill temper and Mr. McPhee at all times brought back memories of jobs I have held.

Furthermore, the absurd situations depicted in that museum are a parable of daily life. There was evil afoot, grave danger, a savior -despised, victory, redemption and a party.

I'm dancing.

Agapé

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will not stop praying for you and your family and will continue to remember how Ellie lived and died! When you don't post, we will pray even more for you!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There aren't words to describe how much of an impact you have made on my life and so many others...I loved reading about Ellie's service. I will always check in to see if you've had a sleepless night...you've helped me grow in my faith and belief that HIS GRACE is sufficient!! You've given me a 'visual' of how that works and it's a REAL picture... Like others have said, I will stand in line to buy your book!! Praying for you as you say your goodbye's in FL and head home. Love and prayers for you...

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah and family, It was a special service and meant much to my family to remember together and say good bye. Can't help but think maybe this year we will all get our "New Day" and Ellie will come back with Him!
Lori Z

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As tears pour down my face, I want to say that your testimony has touched my heart... God is so amazing ALL the time. You are so right... without Him life has no purpose. God bless you, Sarah, and your family... may His comfort and peace cover you. I will be praying for you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home