We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Online at long last!!

Just a quick note to let you know that we are online at our new home! John called Michael tonight and got it fixed. Yeah! I felt like I was trying to function without an arm.

I'm exhausted tonight. Will post more soon. I've been installing shelving and such in the kitchen for the past two days and every part of my body hurts. I'm not one to necessarily use the words "take pride" in a project well done, but this time I feel that I must use the phrase with reckless abandon. I did the whole thing by myself and at this moment feel positively giddy with delight. God bless Ikea. I want to find and hug the designer who thought up their rail system. All of my dishes and cooking tools are neatly attached to the walls of the kitchen. It's just brilliant. The kitchen is so small that I can almost plant one foot in the middle of the room and reach the sink, stove top and fridge if I just turn in the proper direction. But it is the most efficient kitchen I've ever had the privilege of cooking in!

I am sorry about the lack of pictures. I've been working steadily, but it's been spread out throughout the house and I can't seem to just finish one room. I really am trying. I can't wait to give you pictures, but I just want you to see a whole room done. Thanks for your patience!

9 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! You are online! Welcome back :) I check your website every day and it was great to see a new post! Good to hear the house is coming together and look forward to seeing some pictures.

God bless you and your precious family.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Yay! Glad to see a post...so happy that y'all are settling in nicely in your new abode. Congrats! Just enjoy it...we'll see the picts when you post them. Have fun!! :)

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLAD ALL IS WELL AND CANNOT WAIT TO SEE PICTURES WITH THE FINAL RESULT. KEEPING YOU ALL IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS EVERYDAY. GOD BLESS. SIMONS FAMILY

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Mrs said...

Glad all your limbs are reconnected! Can't wait to see your home. I LOVE Ikea and have been frequenting the one here in Orlando.

Blessings to you and yours!

JoAnna

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Yeah!!! I have to say that I am very excited to see the whole rail system outside the little baggies they were in.
I am at the tail end of 2 weeks full time and can't wait to actually have 2 days off next week. I also am very anxious to hand the business back to my parents upon their return! Tyler works all weekend, will you be at home? Maybe we could do tea at my place or yours if you aren't busy.
Do you remember the night last week when I was telling you about Bay planting the seeds? She had a pot with seeds from the box from Ellie and she had 6 other little pots that she got for her birthday. Yesterday she showed me the 6 little pots and there was absolutely nothing. And then she pulls out Ellies pot and it had three thick stemmed plants poking out about 1/2 inch through the soil! Amazing!!!!
Ok so I better get back to work but wanted to say hello.
Much love~Jen

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Can we ask for kitchen pics first then? So glad to see you are back amongst the computerland - missed you. I have to ask - did you get to use John's stud finder? (hehehehehe) Good to see you - delighted you are doing well in your move.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!Love Ya, Vickie

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Sarah!! I am so happy to hear of the updates and how busy you are making your home ready! I too, look forward to pictures. With all you do, I put you higher on the pedestal :)
Gerry

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as long as the toolbelt diva is hard at work... i won't complain about lack of pictures.... (oh, wait... I live here...) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home