We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

We are home!!

I'm sorry for not blogging sooner, but we don't have internet at our house yet, and we've been living over there for the past three nights!! We should be online in the next day or so. I woke up this morning and couldn't take it anymore, so came over to the "big house" to get online. Whew. I feel much better now. :-)

We are so happy to be home! It feels wonderful. I'm sorry that I still don't have photos... there are a few more pictures and curtains to hang... I'm just lucky to have gotten the piles of stuff off the floors. I don't want to give you pictures until you can see the full effect.

The night before last, I cooked our first meal in our new home. The three of us sat around the table for the first time and joined hands to pray. Before John could utter even one word, Ethan piped up and said "Can we pray without speaking since Ellie is not here with us, and we miss her?" (This from a boy who has never heard of the customary "moment of silence" to honor someone.) So we bowed our heads and each prayed silently. I finished first and looked across the table at John's thoughtful face, and then over at Ethan, and my heart just filled with love. Ethan sat quietly with his eyes closed and face upturned and tilted just ever so slightly, with the same look that he had in the pictures of his imaginary hug with Ellie. We spent an amazing time at the table talking about our day. John and Ethan dreamed about going camping when the weather warms up a bit, and Ethan nearly came out of his chair in excitement, telling his daddy that he has a loose tooth. And about halfway through the meal (one which was, miraculously, loved by all) Ethan proclaimed "This is the best meal ever!!" Later, Ethan had the saddest look on his face, and when questioned, admitted that he just missed his sister. After dinner there was milk and cookies, and then books read together on the sofa. It was the perfect evening. I wish I could say that all of our evenings will be so idyllic, but those of you who know about my sporadic cooking tendencies know that will not be the case! Still, it was a great way to begin living in our new home.

It may be a few days before I can get back on the computer, but hopefully there will pictures very soon! (I said, hopefully...)

11 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

ummm so what did you cook?

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I too am wondering what you made that was loved by all! I'm so thrilled you are in your own home now and can't wait to see the photos.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I made shrimp scampi (heat and eat - thanks to Costco!), asparagus baked in olive oil and lemon juice, fresh tomatoes, spinach salad with blue cheese crumbles and capers. (Ethan didn't eat the blue cheese or capers, but totally enjoyed the raw spinach because he decided it was "tree stars" - think Land Before Time.)

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

MMMM sounds good. I can't wait to see pics of the house. I do have to confess a twinge of jealousy though, that I wasn't the one shopping with you for decor.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

I knew Ethan and I had a lot in common - digging super heroes and disdaining blue cheese. Wonderful meal menu and activity. Dinner tables are the great loss of modern America - too many folks do fast food or restaurants instead of sitting down with one another to pray, talk and actually face one another. Sorry - I jumped up on my soap box. I should be applauding and cheering your new home! Woo HOOO!

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, That is so great....a place to call home and be close and together and fix meals together...yay! Now, that meal sounds like a feast! Yum yum...talk soon, Sheri :P)

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Mrs said...

Congrats on moving in! You know, cooking smells are the best way to make a house a home. ;-)

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you are settling into your new home! The meal and time together sounds like it was WONDERFUL! I pray you will have many more such memories in your new home!

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Hey! Haven't said hey for a while on this blog... just quickly to you on Facebook. Oh, these details of your dinner just make me feel like I was a fly on the wall. Ethan is absolutely precious.... Oh, my word! So glad for you that you have your new home. I can't wait to see pictures. I pray for you, Sarah... and John and Ethan.
Much love,
Kristina

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Awww, so sweet. :) Keeping you in my prayers.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

ok, I know you don't know me at all but my husband grew up an MK in New Tribes and we were with the mission serving at the Homes. I found your blog last year through Pauleen.

I just wanted to let you know that I thought you might want to have some fun and so I tagged you! There is a meme on my blog for you to answer. No pressure if you don't like this kind of thing!

I enjoy your blog and want you to know how I have been encouraged and blessed by it. My young daughters (5 & 8) were faithful to pray for Ellie every night.

Your family continues to be in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home