We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

And the saga continues...

Good news... the couch is in!! It took some blood, sweat and tears, but the deed is done. Mike and Loretta helped me while John was at work. We had to take doors off hinges and move the fridge and perform some gymnastics in the kitchen to flip the whole couch over (because we put it into the kitchen backwards). The three of us and the sofa literally filled up the entire kitchen. It was a sight to behold. There was a point when Loretta and I were holding the couch up in the air and partially balanced on the counter while Mike let go to shove the stove further into a corner. I was stunned when the thing actually made it into the living room. There was only a minor scrape on one wall and a small dent in a door frame. That, I do believe, is a miracle! So thank you to anyone who was praying. I really think I would have cried if it didn't work.

In other news, my dear sweet husband voluntarily relinquished the job of hanging the curtain rods! (And no, I did not beg or plead. I didn't even mention it again - other than on the blog. He just told me that I could do it!) I have not done them yet, but I've started measuring and figuring. I intend to get my mind right and think like a perfectionist. I will do the math and check it twice, and I WILL use a level. Don't think I'll mess with the stud finder. It's just not necessary (but don't tell John).

I'm hoping to be finished with the room by the middle of next week, and then I will post pictures. I need John to do some things before it's totally done, and there's a little bit of last minute shopping to do, pictures to hang...

Thanks for checking in and being so interested in our lives. We appreciate you all.

8 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

That pesky stud finder - of course it does help to have support for rods and curtains! The saga of the couch was a hoot - you are one determined lady. Enjoy that tool belt, diva!

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah! congrats on the sofa:) and for getting the rod job!

you go girl!!!!

jeni

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Allison said...

I have to laugh at your last post. We just got new furniture not to long ago and we had to take the couch apart to get it out of here. When we were putting the old couch in here about 9 years ago we actually broke the front door getting it in here. Praying for you guys. Love-Allison

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And look good it does!!!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Mrs said...

Let's hope that stud-finder-not-needed comment doesn't come back to bite you! Especially since the proof is on the blog. ;-)

Happy decorating and curtain hanging!

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed all the excitement of the weekend, as we had a crazy schedule so packed that we actually looked forward to Monday morning!Congratulations on a room "mostly done". Can't wait to see the pictures.
Lori Z

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Celena Daniels said...

Hilarious! We needed a web cam in the kitchen during the movement of the couch....that would've been entertaining! Looking forward to seeing your photos...Love you

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing the photos AND seeing it all done in person! What an artist you are!

We just finished Season 1 and we were stunned at the ending! haha...what a soap opera..you know what I mean :)

Talk soon, love ya, Sheri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home