We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Contrasts and Comparisons

Thank you all for your well-wishes. We had a wonderful date last night! We have pictures, and I had the idea of comparing our last three anniversaries - since they were each in a different state. Unfortunately I have no pictures of our anniversary in 2006. I only have a scenery picture from Florida.

The views from our homes... I am sure that opinions abound as to which view is the most beautiful, but I have to tell you - we just love each of them. Each location is gorgeous to us, all for different reasons. We have wonderful memories in each place.

Florida: 2006
Photobucket

New York: 2007
Photobucket

Montana: 2008
Photobucket

The Restaurants:

New York - The view was onto the Ice Rink in the Rockefeller Plaza
March 19, 2007
Photobucket

Photobucket

Montana - the view was over the Whitefish Lake
March 19, 2008
Photobucket

Photobucket

John and Sarah Skees:

March 19, 2007
Photobucket

March 19, 2008
Photobucket

10 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Love John's new flattop look (I guess it is new) Wonderful series of pictures - life is interesting in how it takes us places we never even knew we wanted (or could stand) to be - physically and emotionally. Bless you two -

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

You two look great.

Phileo

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger AJS said...

Each place is beautiful for very different reasons. How lucky you are to have experienced them all over the past few years. You two look exactly the same this year as last.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Julie said...

You are right every view is spectacular. You guys are so cute. Love you and thik of you often.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What beautiful scenery! Wow! We are still praying for the Lord to give you peace and return the joy! Day by Day... I love that song.

Keep holding to those unseen hands!
Nicki

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Anniversary wishes to you and John. I just wanted to wish all of you a Happy Easter. Because of this special day, we know we'll be together, with Ellie greeting us, in His heaven! With blessings to everyone. I remembered on March 11th that that was the day lat year I met you and Ellie in New York City. Little did I know how I would come to know and care about you. Gerry

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah -
When we came to see you at the hospital in NYC last year, I came home and felt a tremendous need to plant something outside - something cheerful and vibrant and alive. So, the day after seeing you and Ellie, I planted tulips and daffodils right outside my front door. I was so thrilled today to see that the daffodils are blooming again this year. In my heart, they are my reminder of Ellie and of you and a reminder that blessings are new every morning. After a long winter, the flowers I planted for Ellie are back to say that God's goodness continues. Those little daffodils are very special to me and I wanted to be sure to let you know that I think of you everyday and thank God for that short little time I could spend with Ellie as I enjoy the memory of her in these flowers. God's mercies are new every season...indeed, every morning.
Lots of love -
Carla

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such beautiful people inside and out!!!

Kim Schmitz

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (a little late) to both of you. You've had some lovely views to enjoy - but a lot of it has to do with perspective! :) I'm thankful for the godly one your family is displaying! God bless you all! Tabitha

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Loving Life said...

You are SO beautiful Sara! I can't believe how GORGEOUS each of your views outside your home has been -but the view NOW...my hat is off to God! How much of a blessing the space and quietness must be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home