We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The words don't have to be mine!

So... last night after posting, I went to bed. Sometime in the early morning Ethan came and got in bed with us. As is his way, he nearly smothers me while I sleep, and as I am such a heavy sleeper I end up waking up in a very uncomfortable position. About 4:15 this morning I awoke pinned to the bed wearing Ethan around my neck like one of those stuffy Victorian collars. (I'll have to get John to take a picture of it sometime, since this happens frequently.) Anyway... at the precise point that I woke up, the words (and music) of the third verse of this song were running through my head. How wonderful of God to bring me music in my sleep and give me words when I had none of my own! I still don't have any words, but now I don't care. The words don't have to be mine! Ahhhhhhh


O Love That Will Not Let Me Go

O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.


Words by: George Matheson
Music by: Christopher Miner


I found a version of this song on YouTube that I loved, so I'm putting that on for those of you who aren't familiar with the tune.

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Dear Sarah,

Your leading us in song amazes:

But none says, ‘Where is God my Maker,
who gives songs in the night,

Book of Job

He is as Good as His Word.

Agapé and Amen

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Wonderful - even has the rainbow in there - everything is connected in the Lord isn't it? You were given excellent words - thanks for sharing with us.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Sarah- I haven't commented in some time, but I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to post. I have read your blog for so long that I still check very often to see how you are doing. I have been praying for you guys and you are in my thoughts often. God Bless- Allison from Iowa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home