We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Physically better and not too emotionally crippled...

Hi. I'm sorry for taking so long to update. We are all finally starting to slowly get back up from this sickness. I never had it as bad as the others, but there was an exhaustion phase to this bug that did hit me. Loretta is the slowest to come back, and her energy is not up yet, but she is starting to feel a little better as the days go by. Ethan bounced back great, and John did recover, but spent one whole week with a fever. Now this is the house of coughing, but we all agree that coughing sure beats the fever, chills and congestion (and in La's case, asthma).

I will try to get back with you sooner next time, but for now there just isn't much to tell. On the emotional front, some days are better than others. John seems to be much better than he was (for the most part) and I am starting to feel the pains of the numbness wearing off. Ethan is mostly o.k., but does talk about Ellie frequently. A week or so ago, he had the foresight to worry that he might forget Ellie. I told him that some things would be harder for him to remember as he grows up, but that his daddy and I will not let him forget her. I told him that we would tell him stories and show him pictures and videos. He was happy about that. He was missing her the other day, so I told him that he could pick out some pictures of him and Ellie together to put in his new room if he wanted. He liked that idea, and when I said "that way you can have a little bit of Ellie in your room" he said "no, I want a lot of Ellie in my room!" He's never ceases to delight me with his feelings for his sister.

As always, thanks so much for the love and prayers! Lots of love to you and yours.

12 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,

We have not forgotten you either!! My daughter every night prays for the Skees family and rejoices that Ellie's hair has grown out and she dances with Jesus (oh, an 8yr. old mind)....I understand the sickness pangs... It has passed through our family as well.. I have never done so much laundry :) Please know you are never far from our thoughts and prayers!

Love, The Haviland's

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Becky K. said...

Hi Sarah,

I am glad that you are all getting through the sickness.

Ethan has such a great way of expressing himself. I love it.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Becky K.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

So glad to hear that all are on the road to physical healing - the emotional stuff - well some days are better than others. Thank you for taking the time to update - we think of you daily - Ethan is right to want to keep Ellie in his heart and room - she seems to be so present with us. I loved your pictures in facebook - good to see you being the YOUNG woman you are.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Whatleys' World said...

Glad to hear that you all are atleast out of the fever zone and are at the tail end of this thing! :) Hugs to you all!!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Hi John and Sarah.

Ethan's point of view teaches me much about being a child of God.

Please thank him for me.

Agapé

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger c.g. said...

___________________________________
he said "no, I want a lot of Ellie in my room!"

He's never ceases to delight me with his feelings for his sister.
_________________________________

"It appears that when life is broken by tragedy God shines through the breach."
- George A. Buttrick



Continuing to pray and hold you all in our thoughts. So thankful to hear you are on the mend.

our love to you all.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah-

so glad to hear you guys are starting to come around. hope you continue to get better and better each day....

love,
jeni

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Awww, what a sweet little guys.

Still praying for you all. :)

God bless,
Hugs!
Sheila

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
It is fairly quiet here at work this morning so I thought I would drop in and say hello! Hopefully this finds you all back in tip top health. What a month of sickness. Bailey is on the mend and is feeling much better these days. Fortunately Cody had a little bit of a runny nose but to this point he never got what Bay and I did.
We now have 3 calves as of last night. I have only seen one and it was pretty cute. When Loretta gets hay you guys will have to go see the babies.
Have you been able to work on the house? Is Loretta enjoying her new home?
I better get back to work as the crew should start filing in soon. We miss you all!
Much loves~Jen

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I think it says a lot about what kind of parents you guys are, that Ethan is so good to tell you exactly what he is feeling. He seems like such a precious boy.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Ethan da man.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Melissa G said...

"She is not sent away, but only sent before, like unto a star, which going out of your sight, dothnot die and vanish, but shineth in another hemisphere;ye see her not, yet she doth shine in another country." - Samuel Rutherford

I read this in The Loveliness of Christ by Sanuel Rutherford this morning and imediatly thought of Ellie. And of how the stars remind Ethan of Ellie. I just thought it was beautiful and wanted to share it with you. We're praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home