We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Only mostly dead

Painting's done. So sore... can't move... muscles hurt that I never knew I had.

Newest obstacle: the couch is not fitting through the doors. It is already in our bedroom, but needs to be moved into the room next to the bedroom. The large doors are configured in such a way that the couch can only go outside, but not into the second room. Hard to explain - there's a mudroom that makes it complicated. Our next move is to try going through the small door into the kitchen and then through another small door. This means taking doors off hinges and moving the fridge. And just MAYBE it will fit. And maybe not. If that doesn't work, then we will look into dis-mantling the couch. And if that doesn't work... I guess it's time for a new couch. (Note to self: when buying a couch, gigantic is not always the best size.) Good grief, nothing's simple.

I will definitely get pictures out once there is something there besides just painted walls.

9 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Oh MY now that is a hoot! We have an ugly and uncomfortable couch I bought (DH was along but this wasn't his first choice for sure - I thought it looked "sturdy and practical") upstairs in our family room. Bad thing is - we put it up there before we put in the railings for our stair case (we did all the finish work on this house ourselves) so when longing for a couch we could --- well SIT on comfortable---DH measured and said we might have to chain saw it up and drop it over the railing to the first floor 'cause that puppy isn't fitting through the stairwell now! AARGH - but I wish you great luck with the taking doors off and so forth - we managed that for a big piece he built for friends! This is getting to be a great story - pictures anticipated!

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah,

You are too cute!! I so enjoyed yesterday's post being a tool belt loving girl as well... However, I am a perfectionist so I can see John's side as well. BE GRATEFUL you have such a guy that likes to hang curtain rods...I can not wait to see the pictures and the paint colors. I am in the midst of doing our great room, cafe au lait... Although it is taking me a while going wall by wall :)

Let us know how the couch situation turns out, LOL.

Always In Our Prayers,
The Haviland's

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the new obstacle!
I vote for dismantling the couch. Any time a couch is re-upholstered they have to do some dismantle, so seems plausible right? I would hate to see you lose your couch. (I love that couch).
Like you said, "nothing's simple".
Dar

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Do you have a wheelbarrow?

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

BTW I got the reference to Princess Bride and forgot to comment - if you are only mostly dead.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

LOL you made me smile. We had the same problem with getting our old camelback sofa from the livingroom, into my husbands mew office in our finished addition.

http://kimbolees_korner.blogspot.com/2008/01/big-problem.html

We had to remove the door, frame and all, right down to the studs and squeeze the new slim line sofa through the doorway. What a mess. Our joke now is if we sell the house, the new people had better love that sofa. It's part of the house and not coming out without a fight! LOL

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Since I can't paint and redecorate my house without keeling over, the next best thing was to change my blog.
I'm sorry you're mostly dead. I'm mostly blind, from looking at my computer screen all day.
Love ya!

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, disassembling a couch. Can you make two chairs out of it? :-) And about those curtain rods -- they make lovely, strong, sturdy spring tension rods now. A major breakthrough for married couples. :-) Glad you're getting into your nesting tasks. It always feels great to do that. It must feel good in anticipation of the warmer weather as well, new things happening. Oh, and I recommend aspirin for those muscles. :-)

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

Level, shmevel. You know we don't need those things :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home