We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

For Your Enjoyment...

Today John came across these videos and we had the best time looking at them. They were taken at the Ronald McDonald House in NY. I am not sure of the date, but I'm thinking it was somewhere around May, 2007.

John took this one when we were sorting and packing to leave one time. Ellie was doing her part to look through all of the stuff she had collected. She had no idea that John was filming her until the very end. She just cracks me up!



Ellie and I had the best time watching What Not To Wear together. When she found out that it was filmed in New York, she was thrilled! When they put someone in the 360 degree mirror, Ellie would shake her head in a most grown up manner, and say "oh, that's just awful. How could anyone think that outfit looks good?" And of course my personal favorite: the eye roll followed by a dry "Oh, that's just embarrassing!" This time, Ellie jumped up and did a model walk. John spliced several clips together to make this little video.



This last one speaks for itself. Sorry about the crazy camera angles. (Someone who shall remain nameless did not realize that turning the camera like you do to take pictures, does not work the same way when taking video!) Oh how I miss that sweet little face! Can I just pick her off the screen and scoop her into my lap? (Would some of you computer guru people out there figure that one out for me? Please?)

6 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching video clips of her, her personality and spunk shine so brightly. Through these and some other videos I can tell she liked to dance and she was great at it! I truly wish I knew a way to scoop her out from the video... I'd place her in mommy and daddy's arms forever. Ellie, you're forever loved and missed. Happy (belated) 10th Birthday sweet girl!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

Oh, Sarah, She's SO PRECIOUS! Her fun personality reminds me so much of Brent. (I've got a video of him and his little brother dancing while at the RMH in Memphis - he LOVED to dance too! I believe he got that from me) O:-)

Just think.. one day, we'll be CELEBRATING WITH them! Oh, I can hardly wait!!

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing so much of Ellie's birthday. I thought about you all and Ellie on Monday. I checked out the web today to see how the day went. It was a very special day honoring a wonderful, sweet little girl. The marker is beautiful. All the pictures of the mountains makes me want to visit one day. I hope to see the marker in person one day. God Bless you! Nancy Martens

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger "Bug" said...

I miss her for you too..... and for all of us! (Does that make sense?)
I kept waiting for her to walk on her knees in the last clip (with her legs crossed) - I used to do that.
I love your family celebration. So many people see those birthdays/holidays as a sad occasion. How wonderful it is to CELEBRATE, knowing that one day you will be together again!!!

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priceless, Sarah, and I am sure those videos are especially priceless to you and John. love ya, Sheri

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

I'm learning to watch the videos - go away for a bit and then come back to comment. She just grabs my heart - silly little twitchy butt dancing around there! She put so much more LIFE in her life. Ellie is one of a kind for sure - and I don't know if the techie geeks can let you put her in your lap but I wish they could!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home