We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am 36 years old today!

I awoke to my cell phone playing "Happy Birthday..." because I am just that corny.

Then I found the birthday card that Ellie made for me last year. I hadn't looked at it in a while, so it was like receiving it all over again. I miss her so much!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What card doesn't need a pop up feather?
Photobucket

Then I got some coffee and turned on the computer to find all kinds of e-cards, text messages, and facebook birthday messages from friends and family! THANK YOU.

Today I plan to go to Bible Study this morning and Ethan's school open house this evening. In the in between time I will be painting the outside of my house! We've been working on it for days and we aren't anywhere near finished. But it's going to be beautiful, and that's what keeps me going. Everyone else just loves me... how sweet is that? Reni is planning a wonderful dinner and I've been told that there might even be cake! :-)

Yesterday John, his dad, and Ethan went to Ace Hardware to pick up some supplies and when they came back Ethan said "Mom, we got you something for your birthday." I was assuming that it was supplies for the window boxes that they were making me (which is exactly what I wanted for my birthday) but they pulled two wooden adirondak chairs off the truck. I have been looking for outdoor chairs to go with my new and beutiful outside color scheme and flower garden! I couldn't believe it. Now they have to be painted! I will give you pictures when it is all completed!

What a fine birthday this is turning out to be! By the way, I have a new hairstyle for my new year of life. Nothing quite as exciting as the "ragfro" (thanks for the term, Aaron - tell Isaiah Happy Birthday from me too) but just the thing that I needed. Oh, and I also wear reading glasses now. Hmmmm.

This is the best I could do with my webcam this morning!

Photobucket

Photobucket

14 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah!! You even make reading glasses look beautiful!! It's too soon for those, you are suppose to wait 'til 40. Oh well, life has come at you fast! Can't wait to get there!! Happy Birthday, love you so much, Aunt B

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are having a wonderful birthday. Cute cut. You look thin and beautiful. The second picture made me feel like I was in trouble, school teacher look :) Thank you for sharing Ellie's card, it so beautiful and sweet. Love you my friend and Happy Birthday!

Tonya

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah, I cried reading the card that Ellie made and how much you miss her.

Your hair is great...perfect for your cute face. Love the glasses. I still am in denial about my reading glasses and I squint as I hold my thread and needle WAAAAy out there and miss that tiny little whole WAAAY too many times...haha

Love ya and still in my cast, Sheri

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH yes...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! So nice that you are having a fun filled day...except for the painting (YUCK)I really do dislike painting, but love the look of fresh paint...therefor my sweet hubby usually ends up doing it. I sure do love him! Hope your day was GREAT!!

Love from California,

Wendy

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops!! That should be "hole" not "whole". :)

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! LOVE THE NEW HAIRCUT TOO.I THINK THE NEW GLASSES LOOK GREAT. WELCOME TO THE CLUB. I STARTED WEARING MINE A YEAR AGO. GOD BLESS. LOVE SIMONS FAMILY

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sarah,
So glad that Stan and Pat could be there with you and that your birthday was special. We always love to keep in touch with you thru your blog, so thanks for taking the time to do it.
Love you all,
the Kurz gang
and Happy Belated Birthday to John!!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Love the hair do - really love this post. Happy Birthday pretty lady - bless you.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Katie said...

you are too freaking cute! Your hair ALWAYS looks perfect, no matter what you do! Happy 36th birthday (although you look 26!)

Love, Katie

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sarah, happy birthday! i've been visiting and keeping up to date. i would love to see those chairs and window boxes. we had a fundraiser for band of parents last week at the coldwater creek store near the hospital. seven of us walked down the runway modeling outfits, and 10% of all sales that evening was donated to BOP. i was petrified, but ended up having a great time. you would have been a wonderful model! thinking of you and your family.
love,
mooki
toby pannone's mom

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I love your hair cut, it really looks cute. I have been painting for the last 3 days also. I am finially done. I hope you finish soon. Praying for you. Love Allison

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger sumi said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Sarah! I'm sorry I missed it on the day, I am just not keeping up with my bloggy friends like I used to.

I LOVE that card! How precious.

You're still a spring chicken! I am a whole 5 years older than you. I think you'd look luvverly in any hairstyle, even though I don't recall seeing the 'fro. :-)

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your new 'do is SO cute! :D
We are looking forward to next weekend! See you then!
Angela & the boys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home