We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

John's Life in Pictures...

By now, if you didn't already know John in person, you have come to know him a little bit through my writings. I know that you have seen most of the following pictures already, but not all together. I thought that it would be fun to look at all the things that make John... John. (The very things that make me love him so much!)

He is definitely an outdoorsman!
Photobucket

John loves speed! (No, that's not his bike... he just wishes it was!)
Photobucket

What's better than speed on the ground? Free falling through the clouds, of course!
Photobucket

Photobucket

John is brother, uncle, and son to this wonderful group of people:
Russ, Ginger and Maddie Harris; Stan and Pat Skees

Photobucket

Of course, he's the best husband ever - to me!

Photobucket

He's a wonderful father of two:Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As I looked at the photos of John with each of the kids, I started seeing different qualities and roles that John has displayed as a dad...

As Ethan's Dad:

Instructing Daddy
Photobucket

Adventure Daddy
Photobucket


Strong Daddy
Photobucket

Helping Daddy
Photobucket

Snuggling Daddy
Photobucket

Supporting Daddy
Photobucket

As Ellie's Dad:

First time Daddy
Photobucket

First love Daddy
Photobucket

Nurturing Daddy
Photobucket
Playful Daddy
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Procedure Daddy
Photobucket

Funny Daddy
Photobucket

Proud Daddy
Photobucket

Loving Daddy
Photobucket

Special Daddy

(They had been reading the Chronicles of Narnia together since Ellie was 5 years old)
Photobucket

Faithful Daddy

(He watched her take her first breath, and he held her hand as she took her last. When Ellie was born, she lay on her back, not crying, looking straight up at John's face. His face was also the last one she saw on this earth. This photo was taken during the last minutes of Ellie's life.)
Photobucket


"This is my beloved, and this is my friend."

19 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So precious, Sarah! Love the pictures and sharing the songs. I remember when John shared the song "Beauty from Pain" with me... rips your heart out, but there is so much truth in it. God let's us walk thru this place... trying to hold on to what I can't see... cling to His promise.
Love you guys, can't wait to get there! Belinda

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Amy said...

What a wonderful, loving tribute Sarah. I'm sure he'll love it, though he may need tissues to get through it like I did.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Sarah...that was a beautiful tribute to John. You are both missed very much.

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, John!!! What a beautiful picture of Christ's love you've been to your family!!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

I was doing okay until that last picture.
Give John a birthday hug from me.

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I am finished bawling my eyes out....... what a wonderful tribute to your husband. You are such a wonderful woman with such a special family. I had not seen the last picture of John and Ellie. Wow! That one got me! I told my husband as I went out of the room crying that it had been a long time since you have made me cry....smile. Thanks for continuing to share your life with strangers such as me. You are such an inspiration.

Kim Schmitz

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday John from the Johnsons!!! Hope you had a very wonderful day!

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday John!!

Sarah, what a wonderful tribute to your precious husband. What a gift he is. I was especially touched by the photo of John holding Ellie's hand as she left this earth.

You are so special as is your sweet and wonderful family. Much love, Sheri

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Oh that last picture...

Happy Birthday John!!

Beautiful tribute Sarah (and great playlist!)

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a hero.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know you and will probably not meet you til heaven... but happy birthday John. God has given you such amazing strength and sensitivity to carry your family through the toughest of trials. What a tribute this post is to you!

An NTMer

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! Whew, I needed a few tissues for that one! I love the pictures.
Happy Birthday John!
Love you all!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Oh my Sarah - I'm sobbing right now - but you are so generous to allow us to share in the beauty that is your John and your family. God bless you - good and decent man John Skees - you give us all faith that the world is a better place because there are daddys like you in it.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger sumi said...

Such poignant pictures, Sarah. They are so precious.

Hugs,

sumi

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Life is 5 Minutes Long said...

Sarah- What an incredible moment and incredible words. I think of you all often. We've never met but I thank for the perspective you all have brought into our lives. Life is precious. Jenn

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger TheRagan3 said...

What an amazing walk through your hubby's life as a Dad. I don't even know you all and I can tell that he is an amazing Daddy. The pictures are precious - as I look at them with tears in my eyes. May he be blessed!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Sarah, what a perfect tribute to John. John's love of life is exuberant and that is why we all love him too. Happy Birthday to him from us. Sorry it is late! :)

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SARAH........This is it!! This is where I read it! I want "This is my beloved and this is my friend" in vinyl!
Thanks for a great girls night out last night. I needed it!
Jen

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger  The Morris Family said...

Hi Sarah,
The picture of Ellie with her daddy is so precious, beyond words really, and I know you have probably thought of a lot of pictures that it represents, I was just thinking that yes her eyes are looking and closed upon her fathers face but then to open and behold her Father in heaven...What a treasure. I guess only "we" know the depth of all this don't we. Sometimes its still so shocking to think we have actually gone through this. May the Lord continue to give grace to our hearts as we miss our "babies."
Cindy Morris (Joel's mommy)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home