We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, August 18, 2008

A little bit more...

So, most of my best conversations with Ethan take place in the bathroom. We just had a very lengthy conversaton (although "conversation" is rather generous... more like monologue.) It went something like this:

"Mom, do you know how many times I think of my sweet Ellie? She was so sweet. She took care of me when I was a baby tiger. When I was three. What is the smallest part of God's body, is it his pinky? We don't know when we are going to die. I might die when I'm as old as Ellie was. But I might not. But we don't know. But I probably will. Or I probably won't. You member when I went to that bounce house? You know, when I had a picture of Ellie on my back? (A cancer relay we went to not very long ago.) Well, I told this lady all about Ellie. That she was my sister, and she died from cancer. She was the mom of this little boy. I was ten hundred and seventy stronger than him. He was just a little boy. Having that picture of Ellie on my back made me think about Ellie."

Just a snippet from the mind of a five year old boy! (May I just unabashedly admit here that I'm glad I don't live in there? I'm a rather exhausted listening to it from the outside.)

7 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute...thanks for sharing and making me smile.

heather

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE IS SO PRECIOUS!!! IT IS AMAZING WHAT HE IS THINKING AND WHAT HE IS ABLE TO EXPRESS OUTLOUD. WHAT A BLESSING HE IS. IT MAKES ME LAUGH TO HEAR THE THINGS HE SAYS. WHAT A JOY. GOD BLESS. ALWAYS IN OUR PRAYERS. LOVE SIMONS FAMILY

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Amy said...

My son is six and his mind fascinates me too. He speaks so fast, though, that I rarely catch what he is saying and just have to smile and nod.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
It has been exactly a month since we sat on that field at Relay and cried together. And I sit here crying tonight remembering those tears but also just plain remembering Ellie. I miss her. You know, my relay shirt is still laying right where I took it off that day, picture still attached. I am so blessed by your friendship!
Love you guys so very much~Jen

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Phew... I'd be tired if I had Ethan's mind. What a sweet little one though... I love how he refers to Ellie as "sweet Ellie" and "my Ellie." Aw.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan and Jeremy must be two peas in a pod! I have experienced many mornings where we wake at 8:00 and I'm exhausted by 8:10 just from the meanderings of his little mind! (I don't drink coffee, but chocolate has a rather soothing effect early in the morning...)

Gotta love those boys ;)

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Be sure that young man stays away from caffeine! LOL - oh Sarah - it is a totally different universe inside that young man's head. I laughed about the conversation being in the bathroom - potty talk has never been so entertaining! Bless you Skees - each and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home