We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Ethan-isms

"Mom, what was bacon when it was real?" (pork) "What's pork." (a pig) "Oh" (continues happily eating his bacon)

"What was bread when it was real?"

"What was (you fill in the blank) when it was real?"

"See that star up there in the sky? That's Ellie."

"I plaused the movie."

"She's freakin' me out, Dad." (On seeing a woman at a lake in a bikini)

"I'm a baby cheetah today. No, I'm a timberwolf. Oh yeah, a bengal tiger. Um, no, a cheetah. Yeah, I'm a cheetah today. But not a baby one. I'm a medium one. And you can be the mommy cheetah." (This is usually delivered machine gun style first thing in the morning. Before my coffee kicks in. And this is the short version. You don't want to hear the long one, particularly before your coffee kicks in.)

"How come you're being so cranky, Mom?" (Ummm, this one needs no explaining. Refer to above statement...)

"I'm gonna shoot ya in yer dang eye. In yer dadgum eye." (direct quote from Night at the Museum)

"What does 'soon' mean?"

"Um, Mom, don't feel bad or anything. It's not that I want you to never go hiking with us, but I want you to stay home sometimes because I don't want a bear to come over to your side."

"Why are they wearing that?" (referring to the Olympic runners and gymnasts, and said in the same tone as his freakout over the bikini)

"What does 'fall short' mean?" (also referring to the Olympics)

"When Dad's at work, I'm going to go into hiberhation."

"I'm just enjoying the show!" (When watching someone other than himself get scolded)

8 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Becky K. said...

I am so with Ethan on the clothing at the Olympics!

Those were so cute.

Thanks for sharing...get some coffee...lol.

Becky K.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

Oh, love that Ethan!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Ethanisms - yep - the boy has a way with words. Totally agree with him on what "they" are wearing at the Olympics - pretty sure that a garment which simulates a word which rhymes with edgey wouldn't make one a better runner!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Amy said...

He is so funny! I advise him not to watch the beach volleyball, at least not the women's version, they wear the smallest amount of material possible.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time to publish a book sarah.... with illustrations and everything. i can SO see him saying these things. ahh. thanks for sharing and making my day a little brighter!
(even if you are alittle cranky! lol)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

I miss that boy so much! I thought of him today when I started kindergarten...whatever teacher has him is VERY lucky :)

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny. What a hoot. Ethan is.

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is too funny! I love his sense of humor!! :-) My 3 year old niece keeps quizically looking at me, as I laugh out loud, wondering why I'm laughing at the computer. :-)

~ dana c

 

Post a Comment

<< Home