We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, September 08, 2008

School Days...

Just a little update on Ethan...

He caught a cold, so he's already missed one day of school. I have a feeling he's going to be sick a lot this year. Thankfully he was feeling much better today, so I sent him to school.

Ethan is so funny about school. Every day when I pick him up and ask how it went, he says "it was good." And every morning when it's time to get ready for school, he says "I don't want to go." John tells Ethan that he doesn't want to go to work because he likes to stay home better, but it doesn't mean that he hates work. So we're still figuring it all out.

You know the obligatory "how was your day? What did you do?" from mom and the "O.K., I dunno..." from child at the end of every school day? Well ours goes something like this: "What did you do today at school Ethan?" He aways says "I colored something." Today when I picked him up, Ethan did a great job of staying next to the flag pole and waiting for his teacher to tell him that he could come to my car. He didn't even run to me when I got out of the car and stood on the sidewalk. I was so proud of him for listening and following the rules. As I was buckling Ethan in, he was smiling so big and wiggling with excitement. Before I even had a chance to ask, he said "I got to use the computer today!!" I asked him what he did on the computer. His answer: "I colored something." As I rolled my eyes and thought that this was going to be a long year, he added with a grin, "and I blew stuff up!" (Is it wrong that it was music to my ears?)

4 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Amy said...

That's brilliant! I hope he manages to add at leat one interesting detail to his account of his days.I can't get much out of my little boy unless it involves Pokemon.

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, did John enjoy the tribute you have not said?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

That's our boy - blowing stuff up is always fun! Color it first - then blow it UP. You do such a good job telling us about Ethan's continue journey into being a big boy - he has a good role model.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

You know it was a good day then. The artist in him says he colored something. The boy in him said he blew it up! Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress. Mine is in first grade this year and I get the same answers too :)

Love,
The Haviland's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home