We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Limbo... you gotta love it (or not)

We are now in the throes of sorting stuff. John wants to get the things in the attic sorted and packed so that when he comes back in June, the bins can be moved right into the U-Haul. It's a good plan.

Unfortunately, yesterday I had a crisis. I got so overwhelmed with the combination of too much chaos and not enough space. Every room in the house was jammed. A week or so ago we put together a huge fort of cardboard boxes in Ethan's room, which takes up half of the space in there. And then we realized that having our bed fill up the small room it was in had caused condensation to form where the wall meets the floor on two sides (they are outer walls of the house). Our king sized mattress was all moldy on the bottom - about half of the mattress was wet and covered in mold. We hauled it to the dump immediately. It's just not worth the health risks... We will now be sleeping on the sofa and an air mattress until John leaves. Then I will continue sleeping on the sofa. By yesterday afternoon I was about to hyperventilate from the chaos of it all. So we did a little re-arranging of the living room and set up our bedroom as a staging area for things to sort. It did a world of good for me! As of this morning, I have a clean and fairly organized house. Or at least set up to be organized. I can now take big deep breaths. Ahhhhh.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

you know Sarah - it is never dull! Interesting way for the Lord to encourage you to get a new mattress. This all makes it quite real about the changes doesn't it? Ethan cool with it?

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how hard it is to move again
believe me.Thankfuly You have the benefit of time to sort and pack. Do what I do take it to the ceiling. We are praying for you guys and who knows we might be arriving back in Florida the same time also.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah~I was wondering about that mattress after I left there the last time. Have you guys told Ethan yet? I haven't said anything to Cody and Bailey so that it didn't get back to Ethan. I can't believe you are sleeping on the couch! Crazy girl! I really didn't want to miss bible study this morning. Would have liked to have been there when Vicki prays for Reba and her family. Hope you have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home