We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, August 24, 2009

The New Normal

I don't have much time to write tonight, but I did want to let you know that my first day of work was wonderful! When I think of the sheer volume of information to learn, it's pretty overwhelming, but my boss is very understanding of that and has realistic expectations. She is also interested in setting things up for me to learn in the best possible way. One of her first questions to me today was "how do you learn best? By watching? By doing it yourself?" I really appreciated that. I can't say that I actually accomplished anything today, but it was good to get acquainted with where things were, who people were, and what type of work goes on in the office.

I will be able to drop Ethan off at school in the morning and then head to work. Ethan only goes to school in the morning so John's parents will pick him up from school and keep him until John gets home from work. (99% of the time, John will get home before I do.) Ethan doesn't have any school on Fridays, so we are going to try sending him over to his cousins' house to do some homeschool with them. I say "try" because we won't consider it permanent until I'm sure that my sweet friend Kim will not end up in the funny farm after she adds a fourth boy into the mix at her house!

So that's the quick run-down of the "new normal" in the Skees household. I am very sure that my house will suffer dreadfully from lack of attention, and it may be a miracle if laundry ever gets done again... but then I have to admit that it may not be that much different from the old normal! And I get to dust off my pretty shoes and face the daily delima of whether to wear the sparkly ring and new bracelet or my yellow bird necklace. Multiplying dust bunnies just can't compete with that!

4 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

sounds like a very good day - and normal is such a relative term - I mean it is relatively meaningless 'cause we all change up our lives so frequently. (you can hear I'm justifying MY dust bunny ranch in those words can't you?) sounds like a good plan on Ethan's schedule and woo hoo on the dressing up pretty part!

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Mema in SC said...

Good for you - change and a different kind of normancy will be a good thing for you. Be Blessed!

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Darla said...

Sounds like the perfect job to me I am so wishing I had one like that.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Yay! The lunch breaks are nice, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home